Constant Hissing, Will It Go?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Alan G, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Alan G

Alan G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infections
      Hi

I had several painful ear infections in my right ear last year, and eventually ended up in A and E in agonising pain. The doc took swabs and Pseudomonas infection was diagnosed. My GP prescribed ear drops (which were labelled for eyes, which I questioned and found to be normal practice - can't remember what they were called). The infection cleared up in a couple of days and all seemed well. Anyhow, I think this hissing began beginning of March this year and it's been unrelenting. It's worse when laying in bed, although I sleep ok. When I wake in the morning the hiss comes back. Driving seems to make it worse. I've tried music therapy off the Internet to mask the sound, etc.

My question is is the hiss likely to go over time? Do I need to see my GP?

Thanks

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Regarding whether hissing T will go or not, no one truly knows the crystal ball on that. It has been said that most people would either have it faded or habituated to it in 6 months to 18 months. So you have good chance to be live a normal life again. Don't panic and worry which will cause stress and anxiety, and which are bad for T. Do your best to stay positive and calm and try to live your life normally. You may want to consider some supplements which members here often suggest, like NAC, Magnesium, Zinc, B12 D3 etc. You may also want to cut back on salt, sugar, alcohol. caffeine, MSG etc. Try to get good sleep. If you have trouble sleeping, consider some natural stuffs like Melatonin, Hops, Lemon Balm, Valerian, Chamomile, etc. Take good care & God bless.

• Like Like x 3
    3. Marijana
      Kick ass

Marijana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most probably standing (working) near speakers on a festival
      Hi Alan! :welcomesignanimation:

I have high pitched T in both ears for over two years and had this hissing, humming sound for probably over a year. It first started in left ear and I'd hear it occasionally at night, but with time I could hear it in both ears especially at night. I was scared honestly, because I couldn't believe that you can experience such noises. If I wasn't a positive and calm person (thank God I am) I don't know how I'd go thorugh it.

Few days ago, after reading some thread here, I realized I don't hear that sound anymore. I tried so hard to hear it, check it, but it wasn't there! I really can't say when did it stop, what I did or didn't do..maybe I'm habituated God knows what but I was really happy when I realized that :woot:

Anyway, as billie said, no one can really know will it go or it won't because we are all unique. Do not be discouraged, please!
      Being positive and never, I mean NEVER, losing hope is halfway to getting better (y)

I wish you all the best and take care! :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    4. barbb

barbb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What thread did u read Marijana? I would love to read it....

5. Marijana
      Kick ass

Marijana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most probably standing (working) near speakers on a festival
      Hi barbb :)
      Honestly I don't know, I can't remember :confused: it wasn't any succes story it was some thread where a member just posted that she/he has that hissing sound
      Sorry :sorry:

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alan G

Alan G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infections

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alan G

Alan G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infections
      Thank you for your reply. I am getting good nights sleep, I don't drink and am staying calm. I have a sweet tooth but will try to cut down on the sugar. I have had no T days which have tought me to appreciate silence. However, T has got louder. Hopefully it will pass.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alan G

Alan G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infections

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alan G

Alan G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infections
      Thanks for your support. Hopefully your silence will last.