Coping for 7 Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by greg s, Mar 13, 2015.

1. greg s
      Breezy

greg s Member

Tinnitus Since:
      march 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      headphones
      Mine started from headphone use. Only took a couple of occasions and the volume wasn't even very loud. I also find talking on my cellphone or using ear buds seem to spark it up so I minimize anything close to my ears. Mine is about 12000hz and I can't hear anything above that frequency. I have good days and bad days.
      Greg from Toronto

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      :welcomesignanimation: Greg!

Hopefully you find our resources helpful. Do you have any special methods for coping that you'd like to mention?

Take care,
      Markku

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      greg s
      Breezy

greg s Member

Tinnitus Since:
      march 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      headphones
      Nothing particular, but light noise of any kind seems to help me forget about it. I found being outside seems to drown it out too :)

4. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Greg,

Welcome! Nice pizza. I just made a pizza on my grill. I use a stone and only fresh toppings, from my local organic farm stand and make my own sauces. I also grow my own herbs. Basil, oregano, rosemary, etc. that's one of the benefits of living in Florida.

I find being outside is the best also. Being in my house, isn't to much fun anymore, unless I have some background noise running. Semi-noisy, public places and the beach, is where I find some peace. I'm only 11 months in, but determined to make my peace with it! Like you say, some days are better than others.

Hope it's warming up for you Canadians? Been a brutally cold winter up north this year. I'm originally from NYC, so know the drill!

God bless

Sailboardman

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      greg s
      Breezy

greg s Member

Tinnitus Since:
      march 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      headphones
      Yep, worst winter I can remember....can't wait to get golfing again..p.s. I was enjoying that pizza sitting by the dock at Murano Italy....really good ;-)