Could My Tinnitus Still Go After 3 1⁄2 Months?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Karam, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Karam

Karam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/07/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi my name is Karam and I'm 15. I'm 50% habituated to the tinnitus, also finding out what caused it.

My goal is to be habituated but could my tinnitus still go after 3 1/2 months?

This worries me because I think I damaged my ears too much because I used to use antibiotics that were ototoxic for a couple of years (tetracycline) also used to use earphones at high volumes so my chances of tinnitus going away are slim right? Or do I still have a chance under a year, I'm really feeling depressed. I'm just grateful that it isn't severe, hopefully it won't get to that point.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      You should focus on getting habituated....and if you do it successfully that would be best thing....as going it away is not in uour hands...how did u get ur T?.....you will have a good chance if it is bcoz of infection or if it very low and if you are young.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Karam

Karam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/07/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Hopeful1 i got it from mainly loud music also maybe long term antibiotics

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Then if you are young that is your only chance IMHO

5. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Years? (Don't answer if you don't want to).

6. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      Why would any doctor prescribe so many antibiotics for a 2 year period? You realize that antibiotics kill ALL bacteria in your system, good and bad. We need the good bacteria to stay fit and healthy. This is why antibiotics are rarely prescribed more than once per year at most. I would get myself a new doctor.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Karam

Karam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/07/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    8. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Karam Try to calm yourself down as overly worrying about the tinnitus isn't going to help. I know your ENT appointment is some time away but you are still in the very early days. I personally think the cause of your tinnitus is listening to loud music through headphones. Hopefully, when you have the tests at ENT they will come back showing no abnormalities. It is likely you will be referred to a hearing therapist if your tinnitus doesn't calm down.

I think the tinnitus will reduce so try and be patient. Have a word with your doctor who may prescribe something to relax you. Tinnitus forums can be good for support but try to stop diagnosing, what caused the tinnitus because you have it and you're just beating yourself up and in the process making yourself more stressed, which will increase your perception on the tinnitus and will make it louder. It will calm down.
      Try to avoid quiet rooms especially at night by using sound enrichment as I've previously mentioned and I advise not to listen to music through headphones even at low level.
      Michael

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Karam

Karam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/07/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Michael Leigh thank you again for your calming words, the best thing to do is to probably take a break from the forum till after the ENT appointment which ill then come back and update.

10. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Karam
      I think that is a good idea Karam. At least take a break for a little while. Go out with friends or spend some time with family and it will help you focus less on the tinnitus.
      Michael

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    11. Rohit Saluja
      Alienated

Rohit Saluja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced and sinus infection
      How is your tinnitus any updates?