Crunching Noises in Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by IAmCalifornia, Aug 6, 2017.

1. IAmCalifornia
      Wishful

IAmCalifornia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      this year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i wish i knew
      Good day all. To further add to my tinnitus anxiety, I also get this crunching noise in my ears.

The ears do NOT feel blocked. I can hear fine (WHICH DRIVES ME INSANE because what is causing this misery :dunno:) - but I have tinnitus.

If I move my ear, I hear a crunching noise, like a cracking noise, like paper being crunched up, or the faint muffled sounds of fireworks. Every. Time. It feels like it's coming from the ear.

I told my MORON of a doctor (I hate doctors!! :mad:) all about this during my umpteenth visit (he hates me, I know it) who 'guessed' that it is 'Eustachian Tube Dysfunction'. He gave me a prescription for some kind of nasal spray which relieved funds from my bank account but my body still actively sucks.

So! Does anybody know what the heck is going on? Good hearing, constant tinnitus, and crunching noise in ear when I move my ear (through tension, muscle, etc.). I keep praying for relief but my prayers have been unanswered. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

2. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You may want to get a "second opinion" from a new doctor. They are not all bad or dumb. I'm sure you will be able to find one who better understands tinnitus and can offer real help.

3. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      The crunching is from your Eustachian Tubes.

An ENT doing that camera up the nose thing will be able to tell you exactly what's going on, whether it's ETD or PET.

4. Jebbis
      Dancing

Jebbis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, I suspect stress/smoking/tmj/neck issues
      My right ear which is my tinnitus ear makes a crunch noise that I can also feel when I wiggle my ears.