Currently Freaking, New on Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Olly12, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Olly12

Olly12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      serous otitis media
      Hi my name is Olly, my tinnitus started two weeks ago, I didn't know what it was at first or what was causing it till two days ago I went to the hospital and the doctor took a look at my ear and told me that I had fluid in the middle ear (serous otitis media) which then he sent me antibiotics. amoxicillin three times a day.

Yesterday was my first day and after my second dose my T got 20 times worse :( and I had no sleep at night maybe two hours or three.

I currently feel defeated I don't know how much of this I can take. I was wondering if anyone here had middle ear fluid that caused T ???

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Ear infections are a common cause for T. The good news is that your T is likely to go away after the infection clears up. It can take a few weeks however, so don't be upset if it doesn't go away immediately.
      Just make sure you address the infection asap, and hope for the best.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      This is very strange. Amoxicillin is one of the few antibiotics that are not ototoxic...

http://hlaa-sbc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Ototoxic_Brochure.pdf

• Like Like x 1
    4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      The increase in T could very well be from the infection itself that is progressing: it takes a while for antibiotics to kick in. People are quick to blame the meds, when in fact they have something identified that is already wreaking havoc in their ears.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Olly12

Olly12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      serous otitis media
      Thank you so much for the feedback!

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I agree with Bill. This may be not related to Amoxicillin. I have used this antibiotic for eons whenever I have a throat infection from a cold or flu that didn't heal for days and days. Once I took the antibiotic, the throat would start to heal fast and my fever gone down fast. I never noticed any effect it had on my T.

• Like Like x 1