Did You Experience Tinnitus Before It Became Permanent?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mario martz, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey Guys!

I have been thinking, in these past years I have experienced tinnitus at least 5 times after a loud concert or gig, for some reason last time I got it, it was annoying as hell but it went away the morning after, last time i had it it was so bad and annoying but it did went away... I don't know in what year it happened... maybe it was 2013.

I've always been pretty anxious about my health, and it just kills me that I never paid attention to this sound after a concert, just because someone once told me it was normal and it always goes away.

What I don't understand, is... why it went away?

What's the mechanism to make it go away, yes I have hear that "the auditory system heals it self a few times, and then it just stops"

But what happens with all those people who are younger than me who have permanent tinnitus just after one concert?

What's the explanation behind that?

Have you had tinnitus before?

2. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      No I never had tinnitus before benzo withdrawal.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Not even after a concert, or focusing in complete silence?

4. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      I can't remember ever having it after a concert. I do remember temporary threshold shift - or the feeling that someone turned the volume down on life - lasting for 20 minutes or so after leaving a number of times though.

I never had "ringing" or "buzzing" or anything close after a show. Oddly, it didn't appear until 2-3 days after my recent noise exposure this time.

5. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      No. Not even one. But I must admit that I have not joined many concerts or loud places before. But I used to blast my ears with loud music with my ear buds. But I never ever had any ringing in my ears or the head.

6. Oli
      Hurting

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Yes I experienced very mild T for couple of days one year before my recent onset.
      I also listened to loud music with earbuds in my childhood and played drum

7. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      I remember one concert when I was 16. The music was really really loud. I had T for 3 days after the concert, but it did go away. I remember two more concerts where the music was loud, but nowhere near the level of the first concert and I don't remember having T after those.

8. Engineer
      Creative

Engineer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely acoustic hearing loss
      I vaguely recall turning the TV set off a few times and still being able to hear a tone. I believe this was a precursor to my more invasive T. I wish I was more aware of this potential warning sign.

9. CDNThailand

CDNThailand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/17/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MP3, Stress, TMJ
      I heard it for years before, maybe for about 6-8 years sometimes.

I also heard it when I took Tylenol3's since childhood.

I recognize the tone, if I can habituate it will be no big deal...it's loud though

10. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      I remember having it after a Christmas party one year 2014 I think but the party wasn't loud, I was absolutely hammered though on brandy so I guess that is what caused it. Vanished by the morning though apart from the banging headache of course.

11. Iris

Iris Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      YES. A few months ago after a night at club I had T ( high pitching ringing in my right ear) for a few days and then it went away. I know perfectly well it was because of the loud music and someone shouted to my right ear, i could even feel the sound wave beating my eardrum and i had some hearing loss the next morning. But as i said, T went away after a few days and my hearing returned to normal only after 2 days.

12. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      Yes,. when I was 18 I had it for about 2-3 months after loud concert but I was lucky that time and it went away. After years I forgot about that incident and 18 years later I wasn't that lucky, it did not go away after loud concert.