Difficult Few Days... Could Use Support

Discussion in 'Support' started by Natalie Roberts, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I'm not sure what is going on with my tinnitus. I've had a rough few days from a LOT of fleeting T to louder overall pitch and increased sensitivity to sounds. Today when I was driving to work I heard a super high pitched and loud ring in my right ear that I couldn't tell if it was coming from the car or my head (I'm still not entirely sure) but since then my T has been increased and so loud. It's also been louder when I've been trying to sleep.. I've been getting bursts of anxiety like I did in the beginning because I'm afraid of my tinnitus worsening over time and it's been so sporadic and out of character from what it normally does.. I could just use some support.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Natalie,
      Are you under alot of stress at the moment ? Could be hormones....
      Try to stay calm as anxiety will feed the tinnitus as you will know.
      Hope it settles down for you.
      Might be worth popping in to see your doctor get your ears checked also....lots of love glynis x

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks. I guess it should be stress.. I've been on call at work and therefore I am working a lot and just got back from a 5 hour (1 way) road trip with loud road noise a few days ago. I guess it could be stress/hormones and lack of sleep. I'm exhausted and just feeling kind of beaten down over this lately. :( The ENT's never help me.

4. shan
      Lurking

shan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      God knows
      Don't fret too much. It should go down. I have had on 2 occasions where I had multiple spontaneous T over a period of 2 days with a noticeable increased in loudness throughout the period. I was panicking the first time; calmer during the second time. Thankfully, it calmed down after a few days. I hope yours go down soon.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Sleeplessness always causes spike in my T. It feels like the will be an explosion in my brain. It should calm down when you get enough rest.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks everyone.. It's been better since I've been busy at work.. now that the day is slowing down it's starting to ramp back up again but that's pretty typical to my T. I appreciate everyone's support.

7. Engineer
      Creative

Engineer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely acoustic hearing loss
      Good work Natalie. I've had similar ups and downs on my journey towards habituation. Each time I thought my T had gotten worse, and eventually realized it had not. The peaks and valleys are fewer now. Keep your faith that it's not worse, any uptick is a blip that you will manage your way through, the long term trend month to month is better, and you are apparently winning.

• Agree Agree x 1