Do Blood Pressure and Heart Rate Play a Role in Stress, and Not Stress?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Piney, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Piney

Piney Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shingles virus
      I just wanted to post something interesting I noticed last night. I am severely deaf in one ear which led to tinnitus.

I was playing pick up Basketball yesterday, at an extremely tiring level, the tinnitus was the loudest it’s been in months all systems firing. It stayed that way for hours.

I just wonder if blood pressure and heart rate play a role and not the stress.

I put my Apple Watch on and was at a heartrate of 120. Maybe they need to look at this portion of it for diagnosing what is going on.

Also for sufferers of sleep and such I take 25 mg of Hydroxyzine which is not highly addictive and it should relax and knock you out.

Just wanted to mention that since I’m in the support section. A lot of people are struggling and this antihistamine has been a true help.

Anybody think there is a link between the heart rate or blood pressure?

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I think it's the other way around. Stress/anxiety, can possibly lead to higher blood pressure and possibly louder tinnitus. Having a higher heartbeat/pulse while engaging in a good physical activity is not out of the norm. When I am in the gym my pulse rate sometimes gets higher than 135 from the intense activities that I perform. My normal pulse is sometimes as low as 45.

Stress can do many things to the body and mind, it's best to keep it at bay!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. TLion

TLion Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/loud concert
      @fishbone Are you ok mate? Miss your daily motivations here .

• Like Like x 1
    4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I have been very busy. The tinnitus is still hell and that's not changing :)

I didn't know if i was missed on this board or not, i'll try to contribute more....