Does Anyone Else Dream EVERY Night?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Astro, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Astro
      Alone

Astro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Since my tinnitus started not one night has gone by that I didn't dream vividly... Is this the same for anyone? I wake up feeling unrefreshed

2. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I don't often remember my dreams, but when I do T is present in them...

This shit is so intrusive it even invades my dreams.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Coyotesheaven
      Depressed

Coyotesheaven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple
      My dreams have become extremely vivid since I started losing the low end of my hearing and getting a roaring sound. I also have an unusually good ability to remember them (not so unlike me pre-T, but usually they are gone by the time I wake up).
      It's very sad as I am always living life far better in my dreams than in real life :/, which may well be one of the reasons why my body has made an effort to make them extraordinary. Always able to do so much with my body/ears.
      But my god, I am able to pick out smells pretty well, feel every single texture I put my hands on, hear everything going around in my environment (but I am still wise enough to plug my ears or wear earplugs when it is too loud lol), and of course colors are unusually vivid.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      I think the difference is pre t we could relax but we can no longer relax like we did.
      Unfortunatly when I do dream I dream about
      My life before t, I was a car guy and loved my fast loud cars. Loud music at work etc (not crazy loud and this did not cause my nightmare)
      Just my fun carefree life before T that I took for granted ffs.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Coyotesheaven
      Depressed

Coyotesheaven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple
      @Jason C

That would essentially sum of the content of my dreams. The longing of a life one used to have.

6. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes, it is from anxiety not tinnitus. Cure your depression and anxiety and you won't care about your tinnitus.

7. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      I no longer have anxiety over the t, it's the depression and lack of sleep because of the ringing that stops me from relaxing and generally being totally fucked off with life now.

8. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      I dream every night. Always have. Multiple times a night as well. Never had T in my dreams. Part of the reason I enjoy sleeping so much.

9. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I dream but T is never part of it. Thank goodness for that. At least I can dream in peace!

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      I do. When I was taking Clonazepam regularly the dreams were incredible. Still pretty vivid since stopping, and yet strangely neutral...neither good nor bad. great colours and graphics, random plot.

11. Kar4
      Not worthy

Kar4 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Hmm what a coincidence, yesterday I also thought about starting such topic.
      Cause I wondered if there tinnitus is present in your dreams. As I can see, it varies from person to person...

So, there is no T in my dreams. Maybe only two or three times it happened. I can remember my dreams well, I often record it so I am somehow trained to remember.
      My dreams are quite neutral, strange, sometimes nightmares, sometimes depressive (for example I am thinking in a dream - realise that my life is totally fucked up and starting to cry... then I wake up).

12. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      When my T started the thing I missed most was dreams as I was having great difficulty sleeping. Now my sleeping is a bit better and I have welcomed dreams back. I do sometimes have dreams with T in them but mostly not. I am thankful for dreams as they are a welcome escape from reality. Dream on!

• Like Like x 1
    13. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noises, ringing came back 12/2018 after 1year of silent
      I dream every night. Lately I have been having these nightmares of real loud sounds... Last night I dreamed about using power tools (chain etc) without ear muffs. Hurt my ears in the dream lol.

Last week I dreamed about someone shouting into my ear,
      and real loud music without being able to shut it down,
      and loud trains going like a few feet next to me.

I wish I knew how to stop the nightmares.

14. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Everybody does, only some remeber it , others don't. I surely dream every night, but my dreams are not more vivid than before T. Since T is related to brain acitivity as well as dreams , no wonder there may be a link ..T is very rarely present in my dreams, happened once or twice maybe..

15. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      My T and H are present in some of my dreams, but I don't dream quite often.

lol. Good one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I remember when I was on mirtazapine (Remeron), I had some nice, I'd call them "neutral" but interesting dreams every single night. It was rather peculiar.
      Now that I'm off it, I don't really dream so I've lost my "sleep cinema". Kinda sad but whatever.

17. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      I also have vivid dreams everynight since my T started, but I rather associate it with antianxiety medications I take to go through the day. But in fact I like this side effect.

18. Kar4
      Not worthy

Kar4 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Me too :) Not using medication now, but I liked this side effect.

19. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      The shitty thing when T is in your dreams is that when you wake up, you say : "Oh ok, that was just a nightmare. Oh, wait, no, I have T too in real life" :banghead:

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      I dream vividly. Oddly, always of a goddess blowing in my ear which sounds like hissing. ;)
      Truth is, T is never part of my dreams. Also, I don't have much trouble falling asleep...no masking...sometimes my T is semi loud. When I wake up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, I am always surprised that my T is there so profoundly. Then I fall back asleep without issue. My dreams range from great to a bit scary or unsettling.
      When I wake up in the morning, I am always surprised my T is there. I get a reprieve through the night and my T tends to be a bit pronounced when I wake up...and then typically fades a bit in the morning as I become immersed in daily activity.
      As the world turns. :)

21. PDTemplar

PDTemplar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I developed T a few weeks ago, unsure if the dreams started first or if the T did. But I have been having very vivid dreams and nightmares over the last few weeks. I wonder what the correlation is?

22. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      To me...pure speculation...only correlation is...your T interrupts your consciousness to the point where you recognize and remember your dreams and nightmares whereas they went unrecognized before. Also, quite possible your T has changed your emotional level that is influencing your propensity to dream and/or remember them as well.

23. fedup

fedup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection and earphone use
      I too have extremely vivid dreams every night . I need only drop off for a few seconds and i have dreams that seem to last hours ! Some of my dreams are so intense and detailed that later on i sometimes cannot remember what was real and what was dream . Most of my dreams involve bad stuff . I often dream of my dad who died 25 years ago of cancer and wake up crying.

24. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Like some others here, I dream very frequently -- often vivid, really amazing dreams. I love them! I have been this way, on and off, throughout my life. Sometimes my dreams are terrifying but often they are interesting stories, with plots and characters. I hate waking up before they are finished, as I never find out how the story ends.

I think that dreams often correlate with how deeply you sleep and agree with the @stophiss theory.
      Tinnitus only truly invaded my dreams once, very shortly after onset -- it was a very scary feeling. Fortunately has not happened since.

Oh, and melatonin gives me dreams that are like bad acid trips.

• Like Like x 1
    25. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Does Anyone Else Dream EVERY Night?
      When I can sleep, I'll let you know.

• Like Like x 1
    26. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      I smoke the MJ so I barely ever remember my dreams.

27. rzhang
      Transparent

rzhang Member

@Astro

what are the contents of your dream? what do you dream about?

28. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      It's normal to dream every night. The tinnitus probably keeps you from going into a really deep REM sleep, and so you got a bit of lucid dreaming going on. Maybe have some fun with it and learn how to control your lucid dreams? Have some sex with a hot ex or something ;) haha

29. brummygirl
      Cheerful

brummygirl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      clenching jaw while weightlifting
      @Astro haven't seen you here for a while. How's things??

30. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      You need to calm your brain and bring back energy homeostasis. Part of it is to lower inflammation, mainly in your gut and your brain. T is just a symptom

u will enter REM easily.