Does Anyone Else Get a Tiny Relief from Cuddling?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marie79, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      it probably sounds silly but I get a few moments of reprieve when I cuddle up next to my husband or 6 year old daughter.

Probably something to do with endorphins and stress. Why does Xanax silence it? Can't taking the stress away silence it?

2. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Xanax can silence some peoples tinnitus because it messes with your gaba in the brain.

Cuddling releases oxytocin, which is also known as the feel-good hormone. It increases overall happy feeling. Cuddling can also release endorphins, which is the chemical released after a good workout or when you eat chocolate which contributes to that great feeling.

Cuddling is much safer. Xanax can make you worse in the long run.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Thank you.. I'm a mess today and just took a .5 Xanax. I've been trying to use them sparingly. The fear is so bad. Thanks for listening to me endlessly Drabble on lol. Seeing 2 more doctors tomorrow but they are just making me more depressed as I feel like they can do something then I get let down. I told my family that while it is nice to have access (because of living in LA) to some of the most world renowned doctors it's very much of a let down too because you know there is nothing else that can be done.

4. zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      My boyfriend will hold me when it's really bad and that helps tremendously. Or I'll hold him if I'm having trouble sleeping. It's really helpful to have someone there to lean on.

5. beeeep

beeeep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ~2000, but real bad since 06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don't think there's any condition where cuddling won't help. My girlfriend has been a real great support.
      And my cat, too. I think there's even some study showing that pet owners are happier than other people. ;)

6. LostInNorcal

LostInNorcal Member

Just from my personal experience Xanax helps short term but I build a tolerance quick and I almost always get a flare up the next day. But that's just me, but maybe check and see if a few days off of Xanax see if you ringing goes down some.

7. Jose Puente

Jose Puente Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unprotected Gunshot/Loud Noise
      The doctors will all tell you the same thing. I've see. My general doctor, audiologist, ear nose and throat doctor, and an advanced audiologist in Milwaukee (Froedert) that specializes strictly on tennitus and relief. They were all basically useless expect for the advanced audiologist. She was the one that gave it to me straight and told me how to deal with it. It took me months of practice and self help. I got myself out of Xanax and Ativan because they are only short term BUT if you need them to relax, take them. They are there for a reason, and if that helps you out, take them responsibly. I still take my antidepressants because I felt very badly during my peak. Bad thoughts were coming in and I needed the extra help. Surround ourself with loved ones. So yea, cuddle and be happy. you will be fine. I promise.

• Helpful Helpful x 1