Does Exercise Work for Anyone Here?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gl0w0ut, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Gl0w0ut
      Inactive

Gl0w0ut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I know I once made a post proclaiming that I was wrong about exercise not being effective for tinnitus. I thought it did help, and at first it sort of did. However, when I exercise now my tinnitus gets louder afterwards and I seem to become more stressed and reactive to it.

I'm not saying doesn't help, its just for some reason it has a paradoxical effect as of late. I'm honestly not sure what to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Yeah. I exercise almost everyday. I go running every other day. It helps me to be tired and I sleep better and that helps me alot.

• Like Like x 2
    3. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      I am a long distance runner. I run about 8-10 miles a night and more on the weekends. For me it does nothing for the T but it does help with the depression .

• Like Like x 2
    4. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      T gets louder for me when i exercise. I think someone said that anything that could get your blood pumping will elevate your T, i think this is true in MY case. I usually don't hear a thing, but the moment i work out or drink coffee...about 30 minutes later i can hear my T, the same with being exposed to mildly loud noises...but it always goes away.

• Like Like x 1
    5. RoeTaKa
      Creative

RoeTaKa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Somatic?
      Is it possible that you psychologically made exercise a more anxious routine that it exacerbates your feeling towards your tinnitus? Sometimes when I'm stressed during something I'll notice it much more and attach some fear like it will keep happening if I do that. Do you also exercise in the morning or evening or something? It could be better to give exercise a try more in the mornings.

I find doing certain yoga and shoulder/neck stretching is also quite tiring but doesn't elevate your heart rate much, it feels good to loosen the joints and muscles and get blood flow going a bit more. I'm at a computer a lot so it really feels good to loosen up.

6. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      In my case exercise always spikes my tinnitus for some hours, doesn't matter if it's yoga, pilates, HIIT, cross trainer, etc. Maybe because of the elevated heart rate or because I have some issues with my cervical spine.

7. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Sorry to hear of your difficulty using the cross trainer @Autumnly because these are good machines for a full body workout. I would have thought it most unlikely that you would have any problems with your tinnitus using it, since your feet don't make contact with the ground so there's no impact, traveling up through the body to the head and auditory system. Seems we are all different. I have been using a cross trainer for a few years and fortunately it doesn't affect my tinnitus.

Michael

• Like Like x 1
    8. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My friend had tinnitus and she would go on daily runs and take absolutely no vitamins and her tinnitus went away 4 months later. She didn't know the cause of it were her headphones so she though hey running cures tinnitus and I no longer have tinnitus now I can use my headphones, (her headphones aggravated tinnitus, so she stooped till it went away) and bam tinnitus again and she ran and ran daily but her tinnitus never went away again.

• Like Like x 1