Does Testosterone Have an Effect on Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shaun, Mar 18, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Shaun
      Tolerant

Shaun Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2014
      Has anyone had any experience with testosterone with t?
      I lost A lot of Weight through t I train regularly but can't seem to get back to my ideal weight.
      might be my age I'm not 25 anymore so my testosterone levels my naturally be on the decline.
      so I was thinking of doing testosterone replacement to see if it would help.
      my only concern if it affects my tinnitus.
      Anyone have any experience with this and did it affect their t.thanks.

2. Hab
      Curious

Hab Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I wouldn't recommend that unless you know for sure you have testosterone deficiency, and this should be done under the care of a doctor. Testosterone replacement has a lot of side effects and risks, and I seriously doubt it will effect your T either way

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Steve H
      Creative

Steve H Director Staff Benefactor Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      I tend to lose weight easily, struggle to put it on. For me a lot of it is in the regime; I don't take any fancy supplements, just protein. 1 scoop in the morning and 1 after a workout (Whey Protein Isolate as normal whey can mildly upset my stomach). Diet is generally the biggest factor to look at and was the key years ago when I was struggling to bulk up for rugby.

I have also just got some hemp protein, it isn't very pleasant tasting but has the full range of Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's) to help your body recover and it's totally natural.

You may already know this but, for growth, try sets of 12-10 reps and work to a plan so you have recovery time built in. Bodybuilding.com has a ton of workout plans or if you want to PM me I can share mine, if we have a similar body type it might be useful to you.

As you get older your body does change, just a case of matching your plan to suit.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Shaun
      Tolerant

Shaun Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2014
      Ok cheers hab,thanks Steve appreciated I've tried the supplement route guess I've just plateaud.
      it would be done properly a basic cycle with a pct post cycle treatment.
      thanks for info.

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      "testosterone deficiency" is snake-oil bullshit being peddled by immoral doctors.

Testosterone decreases slowly after puberty. That's not a disorder. Your ideal weight may shift over time. That is also not a disorder.

Taking synthetic testosterone makes you feel awesome, because it's a drug. That's not evidence of a disorder.

Taking synthetic testosterone for more than a short period of time can make you sterile.

There are many ways that hormones can interact with tinnitus; I have definitely read stories of it getting worse after supplemental testosterone (or estrogen for that matter).

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      I wouldn't speculate. Get your testosterone levels tested to know for sure. I definitely would not start any treatment without knowing for sure and under the supervision of a doctor.

I really doubt there is a link between testosterone and tinnitus though.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Shaun
      Tolerant

Shaun Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2014
      Cheers for the feedback men,your opinions are appreciated.
      I don't think I'm defficent just want to get bigger and stronger Is the honest truth.
      t took a lot away from me I won't go into detail on this thread so I guess it's my way of getting it back.
      don't get me wrong I'm not an arrogant person,far from it I've been massively humbled by the t experience,sooooooo
      Humbled..
      I just want to show t that it hasn't got the better of me,if it goes tit's up my bad,but I like a challenge.

8. Lahol

Lahol Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Abnormally low level of testosterone
      The opening comment (judgement) made by linearb really puzzles me. As a 71-year old male, I can testify as to the fundamental importance of testosterone (T) for a man's overall well-being. Yes, it's normal for our T level to decrease with age, but this is of course a matter of degree - and the base value from which we start to decrease. It's easy to check on our bio-available T (that is free to circulate in our body), and if this value is below normal, we are exposed to a number of physical and psychological problems and health-risks. In my case, tinnitus with hearing-loss was one of the problems on which I see improvement as my level of bio-available T slowly increases, thanks to the help I get from a qualified andrologue.

9. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      Get your testosterone checked to see if you are low and need replacement. Once you start on replacement your body stops producing as much naturally and I never thought it was a good idea. To gain weight you want muscle weight not fat. When weight training you should take in one gram of protien for each body pound. I do a protien shake after a workout and one in the evening with a good diet of lean meats vegetables and fruits. Nothing with white flour or white sugar. Monday biceps and back, tuesday triceps and chest, wed shoulders and legs, thursday back to biceps and back and so on. I do 5 different exercises 5 sets of 10 for each body part which takes one hour and 15 minutes treadmill for a little cardio. I am 69 next month with 17 inch arms and 34 inch waist. This program works for me. When working out you will raise testosterone some what naturally.