Doesn't Seem Real

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SeasideSarah, Feb 27, 2016.

1. SeasideSarah
      Dreaming

SeasideSarah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hi
      I developed tinnitus during the summer last year and then in January it got worse. I think I know what caused it but am trying not to think about it. At first I could mask it with some music or studying near the noisy fridge. But now the worst noise in my right ear peeps through everywhere even when I'm outside. I'm meant to be revising for exams but just cant concentrate at all not even for short while and am worried that plans for the future will come to nothing. Also I think me getting sad all the time about the tinnitus drove my boyfriend away though that might have ended soon anyway. My parents have been lovely but I dont think they can really understand how hard it is. At the moment I cant really sleep, cant relax, cant even watch the TV. All the time the noise is there driving me crazy. I dont want to give up but am finding it hard to see a way through. I dont really know what is loud but I think my tinnitus is pretty loud and I cant think how it will be possible to be happy again.
      Anyhow, any advice wold be really nice. Thanks a lot. S

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      here is one advice : get a boyfriend who has tinnitus and can understand you better

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SeasideSarah
      Dreaming

SeasideSarah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thanks for rely Bobby.
      I dont understand me at the moment! I've always had up and downs but never felt as sad and desperate as now. Also am going away soon and so maybe other stuff can wait. Men are the last thing on my mind!