Ear Pain

Discussion in 'Support' started by Annmarie, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Annmarie

Annmarie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Labyrinthitis
      Hi I am new to this forum I have had tinnitus for about a year now , just woke up one morning and could not hear and had this really bad pain in my ear . I went to the hospital ENT had test head scan all came back clear the consultant said it may be Labyrinthitis he wasn't sure and said take paracetamol for the pain.
      I am taking pain killers daily but nothing eases the pain, I have been to see my GP about the pain but they were not really interested, is there anyone who could recommend anything to ease the pain please
      Ann

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Paracetamol can be taken with nitrogen or orther anti inflammatory medication.
      Try a water bottle.
      Are you having any other symptoms as labyrinthitus comes with more symptoms and the main ones are sickness and vertigo ?
      You may have got a infection brewing and would be worth getting your ears checked also .....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Annmarie

Annmarie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Labyrinthitis
      Hi Glynis thank you I will try anti-inflammatory medication tomorrow, all my GP says it's the tinnitus that's giving me the pain, it's like a build up of pressure that becomes so painful,
      Really thank you for your advice
      Take care
      Ann