Ear Pain

Discussion in 'Support' started by Annmarie, Jul 19, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Annmarie

Annmarie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Labyrinthitis
      Hi I am new to this forum I have had tinnitus for about a year now , just woke up one morning and could not hear and had this really bad pain in my ear . I went to the hospital ENT had test head scan all came back clear the consultant said it may be Labyrinthitis he wasn't sure and said take paracetamol for the pain.
      I am taking pain killers daily but nothing eases the pain, I have been to see my GP about the pain but they were not really interested, is there anyone who could recommend anything to ease the pain please
      Ann

2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Paracetamol can be taken with nitrogen or orther anti inflammatory medication.
      Try a water bottle.
      Are you having any other symptoms as labyrinthitus comes with more symptoms and the main ones are sickness and vertigo ?
      You may have got a infection brewing and would be worth getting your ears checked also .....lots of love glynis

3. Annmarie

Annmarie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Labyrinthitis
      Hi Glynis thank you I will try anti-inflammatory medication tomorrow, all my GP says it's the tinnitus that's giving me the pain, it's like a build up of pressure that becomes so painful,
      Really thank you for your advice
      Take care
      Ann