Ear Sensations

Discussion in 'Support' started by Paulmanlike, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hi

Tinnitus in one ear.

Lately I've had these sensations in both ears, very difficult to describe. But no apparent sensitivity to noise so I am not sure if it's hypercausis?

It can start if there is no external sound or not, last minutes. Almost like spasms and difficult to tell where about in the ear it is. Like feels a little ticklish but it's not, like vibrating sensation? Am I going to die? Just kidding, but any idea what it could be?

2. Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2010 / 2016 Both SSRI Withdrawal and Mild Hearing Loss
      Sounds like TTTS. Imagine that your ear is almost wincing at the noise or the anticipation of the noise. This happens with a lot of people with T.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Blue28
      Doubtful

Blue28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma from Microsuction
      Definitely sounds like Tonic Tensor Tympani Syndrome/myoclonus. I agree with @Cal18

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I hear a "whoosh" every time I say something (a fraction of a second after I finish talking). It is TTTS, right? I spent a lot of time looking into this, but it is still not clear to me whether TTTS goes away for some people, or whether it is a likely a life-long condition. Does anyone know which one is it?

5. Vidarr
      Relaxed

Vidarr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      @Paulmanlike your bio says you've had tinnitus since 2008. Me too - so after about 10 years, countless hours researching what every little twitch or feeling is, I've stopped caring. It's like a pinch in your leg or a rumble in your stomach - harmless. Could be TTTS, or a tiny man trying to find his way out of your ear, it ain't killing ya so who cares.

V.

• Like Like x 1