Ear Wax Discharge?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mike K, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Mike K
      Tolerant

Mike K Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      I've been having some issues with my ears (eustachian tube dysfunction) for the last few months. Every time I stick my pinky finger in my ear (don't worry, I'm not being forceful or shoving it in there too deep haha) it comes out with a waxy goo-like substance. I'm sure it's just earwax but it kind of seems a little too liquid-y to definitely be earwax. It's a clear/faintly orange color. What concerns me is that putting my finger in my ear doesn't clear out the waxy substance; it's like it keeps coming back. Every few minutes I see if there is anymore and there is. Could this be considered discharge? Every time I've been to the doctor I've said there is no discharge because nothing is dripping out of my ear, but this just seems a bit abnormal. Could I just be overanalyzing and it's just a rapid production of earwax?

I'm slowly, slowly getting over some sinus issues and I guess I never really checked to see if this has been happening the last few months. It's likely that this is just my body reacting to the allergen-induced sinus infection. I just wanted to hear from someone else. Thanks!

PS- I know this isn't directly tinnitus related, but I do still have tinnitus. It was virtually gone for the last couple of weeks but it still makes its comebacks recently.

2. hurtingdream

hurtingdream Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002. Became worse 11/29/2015.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      I'm going through the same thing for the last 3 months. I believe mine was caused by smoking marijuana for 4 years.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike K
      Tolerant

Mike K Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      You think so? I was an avid smoker for around 2 years and quit 4ish months ago.

4. hurtingdream

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      The last 2 years I smoked hash, oil and all the high grade stuff all day everyday. I quit Thanksgiving weekend because I noticed my T getting louder. I've had mild T for almost 15 years and never did I have a spike or any ear problems. I'm 29. I went to 2 different ENT and they both told me I have ETD. So the last few months my T is loud and my ears feel clogged with fluid coming out of them every morning. I love weed but if it's causing my ear problems I'm going to have to give it up :(

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike K
      Tolerant

Mike K Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      I feel for you because in the short time I smoked I loved it as well. Thankfully I don't have any urges to smoke it because I forced myself to quit. It made my T spike, or I was more aware of it at least. I think because I have ETD and past sinus issues in the last 4 months that the weed wasn't helping that (weed irritates the sinuses and makes them close up, so a sensitive nasal passage is very susceptible). Today has been wild. I've had no T to very loud head buzzing T. ETD really sucks; it's not like it hurts or anything but it can just be very uncomfortable. What is yours like? Mine causes my right ear to have an air pocket (so I can hear my breath) 30-40% of the day, and sometimes my ears won't pop when I swallow. The breath-hearing sensation has gotten a lot better in the last week or two though.

• Useful Useful x 1
    6. hurtingdream

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      I forced myself to quit too. I hated that it made my T louder. I have the head buzzing too. Sometimes I won't hear my T but that buzzing is the worst thing ever. I think I'd rather have pain. My ears feel full and clogged and sometimes I can't hear to well. I can't pop them either sometimes. My acupuncturist said my eustachian tubes are draining and that's why I wake up with fluid in them. The first 2 months I wanted to die. It was the worst feeling ever. I hope we get better soon!