Ears Feel Weird (Numb, Full and a Bit Warm...) — Why?!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zeneth, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      When I first was exposed to the loud sound that caused my tinnitus, my ear felt numb, and full, and a bit warm...

I haven't had any trauma to my ear recently and it has that same feeling I had when I first got this!

Why!

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      when I pull on my ear the sensation isnt there, but when I dont, like when I'm typing, its there, it feels so weird and scary

3. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That happened to me as well. I dunno the cause of it though, probably increased blood flow. My ears were full and was followed by an extreme cause of sound sensitivity. Sounds that didn't effect me before drive me nuts now. Brakes screeching, running water, crying babies, loud teacher voices, and many others sounds make me want to chop my ears off. (Not literally)

4. fedup

fedup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection and earphone use
      I know exactly what you mean Zeneth . I have had severe T since April and my ears also feel numb and full often . It comes and goes. No pattern to it . They feel hot inside too . However an MRI scan says I have no tumour or structural problems and my Dr can find no reason for it . His only guess was 'something nerve related '
      I used to worry a lot about it but no more really and now my T is improving a lot and I accept all the weird feelings and just try to live with it as my Dr suggested.
      If you are really worried see your Doc again and insist on further tests. Try not to worry too much because I find that makes symptoms worse.
      Most likely it will turn out fine and just be uncomfortable.
      Best wishes...keep on keeping on .

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      he pressure is so weird though, I cant really describe it as the pressure u get when going on an airplane, its different, seems aural and has movement? idk, its really frustrating

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      So yesterday i had a really weird/moving fullness/pressure in my ear yesterday, it went away overnight (phew)

just now I popped the ear the fullness was in, and now the fullness is back...

it wasnt like a big pop, more just like a loud click...

anyone know what this is?

7. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Do you happen to have any allergies or sinus problems?

8. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Why the f**k would you pop your ears??? Stop doing it and the problem goes away! Why be idiot?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      because it feels weird, to not pop it

10. fedup

fedup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection and earphone use
      Why do some people have to be abusive? Zeneth is asking a question and being honest . No need to be abusive and call him an idiot . Not helpful .
      Zeneth , i know how you feel . My ear pressure comes and goes ,seems to move around and can be there one second and not the next.It dulls my hearing and makes me angry .
      My Doctor suggested it might be a reaction to barometric pressure because it happens most when i go outdoors. Who knows. Certainly worrying makes it worse. Hang in there friend.

• Hug Hug x 1