Entrepreneurism

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Artemis2K, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Artemis2K Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. Got bad later.
      Hi everyone,

I am a (for now) small reseller on eBay. I find shoes at thrift stores and then sell them on eBay for whatever their used market value is on the site. Though I am pretty new at it, it's become quite lucrative. My goal is to do well enough to support myself, and I am doing pretty good already to where I see that as possible. As soon as I upload 2,000 pairs, I plan on adding other markets like clothes, ties, bags, books, toys, etc, and then doing other stuff like online wholesale.

I'm curious of what kind of things other members here do to make their own income, be it side money or full time. So, let me know in the comments. :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      How much money do you make monthly doing this? What's the potential here?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Oh shit, Artemis, you’ve shot yourself in the foot here. Ann is already setting up shop :ROFL:

• Funny Funny x 3
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Right now? A few hundred. But that's with 50 listings. I have 450 more shoes I need to list. I just sent 20 to my cobbler to repair, and some of them are worth $50+.

The potential depends on the brand, condition, model, investment flexibility, and quantity of the shoes. You'd need to find shoes that are at least worth $25 on resale market and have popularity. The people I am learning this stuff from make a six figure income. For example just go to a thrift store and look for Danskos, SAS, and Ariats. If they are already in great condition, there's your profit. Just make sure they are worth the investment by looking through eBay app, using Highest Price First, Preowned, Buy It Now, and Sold listings settings. Also keep in mind a lot of shoes need polishing and a lot of other work done, so would need that supplies handy. Also, a photo light box, shoe trees, shoe display stands, etc. It's a bit pricey to get started but well worth it after a while.

Like I said, each shoe is different, so competition is not an issue. I don't care lol.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Used to make custom iron gates, chandeliers, sculptures and unique toys...then tinnitus put an end to that. Then started a business with a "friend" providing intimate experiences for people with disabilities or conditions that would make these encounters impossible or something that they had never experienced.

This branched off into a club with a transvestite Caberet show and scantily clad servers of all sexual persuasions. A pretty good laugh, some great people, but had to cut out because of my tinnitus.

Now designing lamps and painting, and hustling photos of nature and simple portraits of everyday people. Have never used the computer to hustle, just use local galleries and they get a commission.

Not big money, but it ticks over, Artemis2K I'm sure will make it big with his determination and vision. Good luck buddy.

6. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      What? Care to explain?

7. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Seems self evident, people with severe disabilities who had never had an intimate experience, were provided the opportunity with a " therapist" to get their rocks off. Imagine being in your 50s and having Down Syndrome, or a multitude of conditions, and being human, yearning to be held, to be kissed... It was actually a really beautiful and positive social service. People were grateful and super happy, a total life changer.

8. Mustafa_0124

Mustafa_0124 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Self inflicted by loud noise
      How are you doing now bud?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Someone randomly liked a post from this old thread, so, I'm just going to give an update saying that I stopped around COVID-19 after making a profit of a few grand and didn't want to do it anymore because of life circumstances stressing me out.

I'm now a college graduate with a robotics degree, and intend on using that to further my education into electrical engineering, so that I can develop my own electronics products. I like money.

Also, interesting endeavor you had there lol.
      I'm sorry, I didn't see you post that as I was writing that original update lol.

Also: Reselling has become a headache. I quit when everything got too time consuming to be worth it for me.

10. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Congratulations Artemis2k. Well done and good luck with your future work and projects.

I am teaching part time and making artwork now. I live half off the normal grid so things are cheap. Hoping we will experience the miracles of regenerative meds but even more likely and hopefully, find the peace and strength to carry on with our condition. Sounds like you are doing well on this front.

Peace out Artemis2k.

• Like Like x 2