ETD Turning Into Tinnitus...?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JamesD266, Oct 30, 2018.

1. JamesD266

JamesD266 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know.
      My story...

A month ago I got an "ear infection" from getting water in my ear (really could have just been agitated) Went to a walk in clinic and he prescribed Amoxicillin and Ciprodex. Had severe pain from the drops 4 days later and called and was advised to keep taking the drops even though they hurt.

Next day put the drops in and they still hurt so drove back to the clinic and the guy looked in my ear and told me I didn't have an infection but a fungus and prescribed Acetic Acid.

2 Days later went to the ENT and he looked in my ear and said I had neither - (an infection/Fungus)

Needless to say - I got a clogged ear which will now not "pop" and my ear hurts due to any loud sound and "vibrates" I'm extremely worried that the drops messed up my ear.

1. Will the ETD ever go away? Will I ever be able to "pop" my ear again?
      2. I read up on ciprodex after the fact and realized how poisonous it was. Very angry I took it.
      3. Could this turn into tinnitus considering the pain and vibrations I'm getting from loud noises?

Very concerned and any replies would be appreciated. Could use someone to talk to since no one in my life realizes how upsetting this is and how much distress this is causing me.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      What did the ENT diagnose you with?

If you don't have tinnitus now, it is unlikely you will develop it now. The vibrating sound you are hearing in your ear drum is prob ear drum irritation.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try steam inhalation, nasil spray and Sudafed and a antihistamine to reduce mucus.

love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JamesD266

JamesD266 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know.
      When I first went to the ENT Dr. he said I had neither an ear infection nor a Fungus the first time. When I went back complaining that the same ear he said it is ETD and he doesn't know what caused it. But its severe as I did a week of Prednisone and still my tube is clogged and wont open up. IDK if it's clogged/inflammed. IDK but it will not open up and "pop." But now sounds in that ear sound really loud and hurt.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JamesD266

JamesD266 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know.
      Hi Glynis.

I've tried all those things plus steroids. Nothing is helping... Its been a month now.

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @JamesD266 ,
      Ask ENT put a tiny camera up your nose to check your tubes .
      Love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Perhaps the next step is a CT scan or an MRI. Eustachian tubes can take a VERY long time to heal.

This is random, but do you clench your jaw or have TMJ? This can also cause ear pain as well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JamesD266

JamesD266 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know.
      I clench my jaw sometimes but I don't believe that is what cause this. Also, is it possible for a eustachian tube to be locked and never open ever again? How long do eustachian tubes take to heal?

9. Nate H

Nate H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD
      I have not been officially diagnosed, but judging by my symptoms of ear crackling when I swallow, fullness in my right ear, and of course subtle tinnitus in my right ear, I believe that it is an ETD that caused this.Two weeks ago, I had a sinus infection that I believe did trigger this ETD. I am going to an ENT in about 2 weeks, so I hopefully can get some sort of treatment. If anyone knows anything about this, input would be much appreciated. Thanks and God Bless.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JamesD266

JamesD266 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know.
      Nate, can we keep in touch and see what each others drs say? I just had a cat scan and am talking to the ENT dr tomorrow. Are you able to "pop" your right ear?

• Like Like x 1