'Explosion' Near Work — Some Slight Fullness in Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by Badger19, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Badger19

Badger19 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all.

I work in a very busy center and we're dealing with customers all the time. It is loud but not enough to cause hearing damage. I started working there years after my first tinnitus experience.

Last summer my tinnitus got worse after clubbing. I also developed hyperacusis which has healed for the most part.

Yet earlier today there was a minor explosion near work. Someone dropped something which is completely harmless but makes a hell of a noise. It scared the hell out of me and my coworkers. I am so very grateful that the door where customers enter was closed. If someone was leaving or entering at that very moment the sound would have been exponentially louder.

Obviously my coworkers were fine after it turned out it was a prank and continued like nothing happened. I wore my plugs for the remained of the day and I prayed it wouldn't affect my ears.

My tinnitus seems the same at this moment but I do have some slight fullness. Or maybe that's just from panicking about this?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      Any estimate as to how loud it was? If your ears feel a bit full that could possibly be a sign that you will have a delayed spike, but not necessarily. I’d load up on supplements for the moment, take care of your ears with protection as well. If you do get a spike, try for steroids.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Badger19

Badger19 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No idea how loud exactly it was unfortunately. What supplements are you talking about?

4. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Try to take NAC, magnesium, turmeric, curcumin, vitB. I did not know that, but it's better if you don't take mag and curcumin at the same time, but rather keep some hours between them. Best of luck to avoid a spike!

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      I personally have only taken magnesium and zinc and have found that magnesium seems to help a bit. But yeah as @Kriszti said those supplements should help, I’ve seen omega 3 I believe recommended as well

How are you feeling today?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Badger19

Badger19 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I took some magnesium today, I'll check out the other stuff tomorrow.

I feel like my tinnitus is louder and a bit heavier than normal, but it's so hard to objectively assess this. But the pressure seems to have faded, and I'm very grateful for that. Thanks for the support.

7. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      NAC is the best for me for spikes.

Also my baseline has reduced lately since starting Omega 3-6-9, vit B complex, and Neurozan (main ingredient Gingko Biloba, also vitamin C and minerals)

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Badger19

Badger19 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Some fullness again today, I hope it will pass.