Eye Problems

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by RandomAccess10, Jan 28, 2017.

1. RandomAccess10
      Torn

RandomAccess10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Carbon Monoxide poisoning
      In addition to hearing problems and tinnitus I also have eyesight movement problems. Can anyone relate?

When looking at objects, it gets worse with the distance, my vision is unstable like I cannot fix it on a point? Like a home video camera bobbing about. My depth perception also seems off, reduced.

I also have hazy (visual snow) and colours seem darker/dimmer than they used to.

I was taking BENZOS/antidepressants about 4 months ago, but this problem still exists. It could also have been potentially due to CO poisoning.

I had an MRI and it said asymmetric optic nerve sheath, although the doctor confirms this is fine.

What could be causing this? Is there any hope it will go away?

Anyone with similar?

Thanks

2. Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure maybe to much noise
      I also have visual snow and T. I have read on a Visual snow Forum that 2 in 3 people that got visual snow also had T. So i think they are connectet somehow, or it could be because T can give stress to your brain but of course im not a Doctor or anything so i cant be sure about that.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RandomAccess10
      Torn

RandomAccess10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Carbon Monoxide poisoning
      I'm guessing the hearing loss associated with my tinnitus also affects my balance system.
      Tho I had a vestibular assessment and this seemed fine, the physio said it was neck problems?

As you say I think the visual snow is an entirely different entity, I'm sure I read something about the visual and auditory brain parts being linked,thus noise in one is linked to noise in the other.

I just wish I could make this eye wobble stop, it's making me want to give up on life.

4. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Hey there! after getting T I have developed eyesight problems as well.

Eye floaters, BFEP, mild VS and lsensetivity to light(if I look at bright object, it gets "burned" to my vision as a shadow of that object for a few minutes.

Had two MRI scans (without and last one with contrast) - no abnormalities found.

I think having issues with unstable vision are related to VS since you have grain all over and that kind of puts strain on focusing.

5. Mammie Harder

Mammie Harder Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Eyesight problem is very common in growing age. I think a visit to a professional is a must along with a bit improvement in eating habits. Having food that is high in nutrients will definitely help a lot. Wearing reading glasses can help too. You can visit many suppliers of reading glasses that sell wholesale reading glasses, wearing glasses can help too.

6. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      I think I always had some form of visual snow, in low light. But a couple of days ago I read this and I recognise parts of it.
      Might it be I am just spending too much time behind computer screens? I have mild T in one ear (one recovered), can this put such a strain on the brain that it stops filtering parts of the noise?

• Good Question Good Question x 1