Feel Like I Am Getting More Sensitive

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jomo, May 10, 2017.

1. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      Maybe I am just paranoid but after some brief accidental loud noise incidents I feel like my sensitivity to sound is increasing.

It's possible I am being paranoid or becoming more aware of certain things but after a couple of incidents today I feel like I just need to be away from sound for a while.

Anybody out there who has overcome their H have any insight? I know we shouldnt avoid noise and the cure is technically exposing ourselves but I feel like I have reached my limit for the week already. Thank you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. danimadss

danimadss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise
      I am in the same boat. I feel as if my ears are more sensitive to every little sound more than normal. And I feel more anxious and irritable and certain volumes and sounds are annoying me. Hopefully we will feel better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I used to be sensitive to sound (during the first few weeks following the onset of T). Eventually, I got better. Having said this, I won't go near a food processor or a vacuum cleaner now.

4. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Listen to your body and give your ears a rest if needed. Overexposing to sound, in time or loudness only leads to accident that go on top of damage already made to your ears. Even single unexpected very loud sounds can make hyperacusis worsen a lot.

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      My ENT was useless. Having said this, he did give me one useful advice - he advised me to protect my ears.

6. Flamingo

Flamingo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Personally I got more sensitive when I protected my ears from daily normal/moderate sounds. Concert, clubs, pubs are however still out of the question for me.

7. Mike Allman

Mike Allman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High volume exposure
      yes, concert, clubs and pubs should be out of the map for a while on my case, outside sounds doesn't affect me but loud pubs of course yes!..., Im two months improving and a talking by two hours on a pub decreased my progress in 20% from 100%, sad but true, I need rest from that by a year I think, by fortune I know how concerts and pubs are and even more, I've seen my favorite musicians playing live so, rest wont hurt...