Feeling Really Scared — Stressed, Panicky, Nauseous

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tinizzy, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Tinizzy
      Wishful

Tinizzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi guys. Here I am again. Two days ago I got home from my holiday and I was feeling a little more in control of facing tinnitus but since yesterday I'm majorly stressed out and I feel so panicky and nauseous.

It has to do with suddenly being exposed to my mom's feelings and stress about my grandfather's health and right now I feel extremely upset over his health and think it'll never get better.

Took an oxazepam but didn't help... I really feel scared. Frightened I will not be able to get through all this.

My grandfather's health is probably not going to improve and it's just awful to see him like this and then I didn't even talk about my grandma yet. She cant live if my grandfather dies.

I'm so so stressed out right now. Please help me.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Sorry that you have to go through all these while you are dealing with tinnitus. While most of us here want to help, it may be helpful to find counselors or loved ones to help you deal with the complex and deep feelings about the health of your senior loved ones. Do you have good friends, relatives or people with faith/spirituality you can trust to talk out such feelings? This will help you release the stress/anxiety that is building up. Your T is obviously aggravated by the mounting stress of worrying about those you love and care. The other thing you can do is to talk to your doctor to see if you need some medications to help you deal with this, at least for the time being. If you don't want to take benzo drugs to help with the anxiety, you can try natural alternatives such as Lemon Balm, Valerian, Hops, Catnips, Passion Flower, Chamomile, Lavender, Kava, etc. You can do google search or check Amazon.com for each of them to know how people review these products, and see if you can take them as a supplement. Check out this site on using natural herbs for helping to sleep or to calm the nerves.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/lib...ealth/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia /

• Like Like x 2
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Tinizzy ,
      I understand how you are feeling as lost my parents close together and the stress impacted emotionally and with my tinnitus and asthma.

One thing is that it's really good to talk about it and have tears and family support.

Also give yourself some ME time each day to relax to relaxing music and breathing exercises and think of nice things etc.
      Samaritans are good too!
      We are here around the clock to support you.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    4. Densich9056

Densich9056 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      Awe...ive been there..your anxiety is making everything overwhelming. Please find a good psychiatrist and have them give you Ativan. It helps with my tinnitus tremendously. I don't know what I'd do without it. It quiets the tinnitus and helps you ignore it. Please hang in there....it does get better.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tinizzy
      Wishful

Tinizzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @billie48
      @Densich9056
      Im gonna start on some meds now yes. This wont be in the way of my habituation process will it?

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Ativan is great, as are other benzos. I know at least one person who found that benzos reduce the volume of his T. The problem is that it is easy to get addicted to benzos and Ativan. It is my understanding that soon after starting taking Ativan regularly, one needs to take more and more in order to achieve the same effect...

7. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Try to use the prescribed drug(s) temporarily. As I posted earlier, you can always switch to the more natural alternatives. I had to depend on Ativan, Prozac and sleeping pills just to survive the initial period of intense suffering. Will power wasn't enough in my case to stop the anxiety and panic attacks as I had prior condition of anxiety and panic disorder plus PTSD. So my nerves were weakened before T & H suddenly showed up and traumatized me. However, I used them only when absolutely needed. While I used them for buying time so my body can get more hardened or used to T, I also embarked on doing other things to help my nerves, such as doing leisurely exercises and going outdoor, pursuing my interests and hobbies. These have helped to ease the stress level of my body & brain, thereby reducing the need for the use of drugs. Also, when you decide to phase out the benzo drug(s) such as Ativan, you need to ask your doctor to help advise you how to do this gradual enough that you won't have too severe withdrawal symptoms. Don't stop these drugs cold turkey. If you use these drugs to moderate your reaction to T and do it correctly, it should not stop your habituation or delay it. Habituation takes time and patience. Never be too worried about habituation. It will happen slowly but surely over time for most people, especially you remain positive and calm to keep the limbic systems off.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      Reading the word ATIVAN ( Lorazepam ) still makes me shiver...
      @Tinizzy ....Please please please be careful with this stuff.
      I understand it may be necessary and indeed life saving in some very limited instances, but should never be abused
      and always stopped under medical and psychological supervision over a long time.

I have experience...
      I was prescribed Ativan ( Lorazepam ) twenty years ago ( 1997 ) for neck and back pain.
      It was given out like smarties in the 1990's, as the doctors were getting 'incentives' to prescribe.
      No advice...just take this as and when you need it, and it will relax you and your muscle pain will disappear.
      So off I went with a three month supply in my pocket. Bingo...my muscle pain disappeared within hours and I started sleeping like a baby and was permanently happy.
      Three months later my supply ran out and I was feeling like a King, with no pain, so I just stopped overnight.
      What happened about Two days later would take a lifetime to describe, and the psychological part lasted for over TWO years for me. But basically you will probably ( varies from person to person ) get a dramatic reversal of all the body processes that have been altered. Now called a REBOUND.
      Bearing in mind I was only a person with a painful neck and back, and no other problems. When I stopped I was a complete mess. I had rampant anxiety, insomnia, crushing depression, dangerously accelerated heart rate, accelerated digestion and on and on. Not much of what was me was left untouched
      My advice ( Im not a doctor ) is only take these drugs if absolutely necessary, and then only for a ONE or TWO days at a time with long breaks in-between. Your doctor should advise this.
      If you have been taking them continually for longer (a few weeks or months) then you WILL need help to withdraw and you must do it very very slowly. This may take many months or even a year or more.
      If your Doctor won't help there are organisation that will help in the UK - Google - benzodiazepine dependence and withdrawal.

Personally, I am now a complete drug phobic.

Sorry to read about all you ae going through andI hope your family situation gets better soon. When it does am sure your (natural) anxiety will subside and along with it your Tinnitus.

X

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tinizzy
      Wishful

Tinizzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown