From Pitches to Pulsatile

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jkph75, May 25, 2016.

1. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I first experienced tinnitus a couple of months ago a few weeks after the birth of my daughter. It was tonal at first. The pulsatile tinnitus kicked in maybe a month ago. At first I wasn't even sure it was pulsatile but it became louder and more recognizable. Now it is so loud that it is almost covering up the tones. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Blood pressure,picking up sound from your coroted artery that is right by your middle ear .
      Anxiety and stress etc.
      I would see Your doctor and ENT for tests....lots of love glynis

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      There have been several women on Tinnitus Talk who have experienced either tinnitus or pulsatile tinnitus, or both, after giving birth. I suspect that it could be due to blood pressure, many hormonal changes, and/or excess fluid retention in the body.

My daughter experienced tinnitus during her pregnancy and a few months afterward, and then it went away. Yours could go away, or maybe get calmer at least, over the next few months.

I agree that you should see a doctor to discuss it, to see if they have any suggestions.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Thanks. My ENT isn't interested in running any tests. I realized today that it has actually been 3 months. I kind of doubt that it can go away at this point.