Good Morning from Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hyannisgal, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Hyannisgal
      Pensive

Hyannisgal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/24/08
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi, it's funny but tinnitus is not something I usually want to talk about. I've had ringing in both ears for over ten years (since Feb 26, 2008). I want to forget about it, avoid it, distract myself from it, pretend it doesn't exist. Part of the way I deal with it. The other way is by masking (listening to other noise). I'm not sure if commiserating will help. What is your opinion? Does talking about it help?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      @Hyannisgal
      I think it helps to know your not alone with this hideous thing called T :D
      Im only Three years in but learning to ignore the naughty hissy child in my head.
      I think we would all love a cure but cant see that happening in my lifetime...now 52.
      Oh well...just have to keep on keeping on X

• Helpful Helpful x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      @Hyannisgal
      Hi There and welcome
      I tend to try and ignore it but most days that's an impossible task.
      I use allot of back ground noise whether i'm at work or home.
      T is definitely life changing

Stay Strong

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Definitely it will help because this will help release some stress built up in the brain. When we can rant and talk out what bothers us, it is like going to counseling to talk out our problems. This tends to lower the stress level. When stress and anxiety are down, T tends to be more manageable. The other benefit is like what other posters above point out, knowing you are not alone in T suffering will help in some ways. Back then when I was thick in T misery, after watching this video, it helped me realize that T is quite common, even with these household names of celebrities. Knowing that they could still function and have a life, it has given me a new perspective on my life after T.

David Letterman with William Shatner - March,...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Hyannisgal I been to Hyannis too. I been all over when I was young. I spent a year in England and been to every country in Europe. Now I have tinnitus and many more conditions. Wow so many friends in places that I have been. This is therapy at it's best. Hyannisgal welcome with a hug.

• Like Like x 3