Got Over Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Bass, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Bass

Bass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/15
      So one day my piss was burning and I went into the doctor and was given cephalexin (keflex) and immediately started taking it. The urinary went bye bye quickly and I was on my merry way. The next morning I went surfing and popped my ears when I went underwater. When my hearing was muffed for a few seconds I noticed a hissing noise. I thought it was the popping that did it or an infection. I also went to a concert the first day I took the meds and thought it was a factor. Later that night it got worse and I felt tiltaworldy. I had no clue what it was. For two days it topped off. I could subside the symptoms easily by listening to music, talking, but it was still annoying. I was also dizzy. Whenever I smoked a spliff or even drank a weak beer I was unusually disoriented. I stopped taking keflex on day 4.5 after reading it could be the cause. The doctor also allowed me to stop taking them. They give women a 5 day course anyways.. I took a ton of ibuprofen, which I read at high soses also causes tinnitus. Steadily each day, i was just on the verge of noticing Improvement until 4 days after quitting keflex. When I woke up the 5th day, the ringing was postconcert levels. I was quite anxious tje days before it started healing, just remember that your nerves will heal (takes about 2 weeks, however your brain adjusts to the impulses within a few days).

Then a few days later I got a resurgence in the urinary infection (maybe because of the antibiotics or because of a urinary injury I think I sustained).it progressed into a kidney infection after I stubbornly refused to take more antibiotics and tried to quell it with cranberry juice. I was prescribed cipro when I went in and luckily had done the research to find it was more ototoxic than keflex. DO NOT FEAR getting in an argument with your doctor. I did, and I walked home with some amoxicillin, which I had taken many times before. Im on day 3 and I don't have any tinnitus. I still have mild residue tinnitus from the keflex, so there are moments where I trip out.

I think all is well. My kidneys are still sore as a mother fucker tho.

• Like Like x 1
    2. shreddAr87

shreddAr87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music...history of anxiety/depression...earplugs idk
      Who said the nerves would heal in 2 weeks and what agitated them to begin with?

3. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      @Bass , next time try taking D-Mannose for a urinary tract infection. Its a simple sugar made from pinnaples that attracts the bacteria away from the urinary wall so that you can just piss it out. Works within 1-2 days. Its been a miracle for friends I've known who've gotten UTI's. Google it. Easy to buy.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bass

Bass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/15
      @shreddAr87 I mean if an ototoxic drug kills a nerve cell in your cochlear for ex, it takes weeks for that nerve cell to regenerate. It's been 9 days since I stopped taking the keflex and I still hear a little hissing, but has been steadily decreasing. As long as you haven't sustained constant injuries to those nerves there's no reason they should not heal

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      I thought nerves didn't heal?