Got Tinnitus One Month Ago — Need Your Help :(

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by unlucky, Sep 25, 2018.

1. unlucky

unlucky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud voices, then it went away and came back after fever
      Hi all, I got tinnitus exactly 1 month ago due to loud noises at a concert and it rang too loud.

But when I asked some medics, they told me that it would go away in max 48 hours and it really went away... but like 10 days later I got high fever which lasted only for a day, thanks to me taking some pills, but the same night my fever went away, my tinnitus started again.

At first it was not loud and it was in one ear, but over the time it started also in the second ear and it is getting louder and louder.

When I went to the doctor she told to take VALERIANHEEL three times a day, but it doesn't help.

Can someone help or give me some kind of an advice what to do? Thank you in advance!

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Consider doing a hearing test to check your hearing.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      unlucky

unlucky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      thanks for the reply!
      I checked my hearing for standard and high frequencies and I have no problem at all.

4. BrownieBoy
      Devilish

BrownieBoy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert followed by another loud concert, Dollywood D:
      Same thing happened to me. It went away and came back with a vengeance over a week after loud noise exposure. My hearing test came back normal in the frequencies they check for. Wait it out and see if it goes away or at least quiets down. I'm over 3 months in and have some loud days and some quiet days. Time will tell.

5. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      not to spoil anything, but you do have hearing loss.

It's a common theme around here that most ENT's do not keep up to date with hearing loss and tinnitus research

source: http://hyperacusisfocus.org/innerear/#hiddenloss
      exact scientific study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5438769/
      upload_2018-9-25_13-34-1.png

-------------------------------
      source: https://hearinghealthfoundation.org/what-is-tinnitus
      exact scientific studies
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4208401/
      upload_2018-9-25_13-35-9.png

There is a lot more unknown's to tinnitus and not just hearing loss but the majority of cases usually do involve some hearing loss.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      unlucky

unlucky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      well, to be fair i don't expect it to go away, but it's not that hard to adapt to it in my case, because i spot it only when i go to sleep or when there is completely no noise at all and to turn radio or little music helps, so i'm not that nervous now, as i was when it started. the only concern for me is that if it gets even louder then it would be a problem but as of now i'm not gonna panic and be fine with it. anyways you are right time will tell, but we have to check our hearing frequently, i guess. Good luck to you my friend!

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      unlucky

unlucky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You are not spoiling anything my friend, conversely thanks that you said that. but my ENT, where I checked my hearing is quite good and first thing she told me was to check for HIGH frequency tests (from 8 kHz to 20 kHz) not just usual STANDARD ones as you mentioned which are up to 8 kHz.

And I had like 100% result in it.

So it's almost impossible that I have hearing loss, because if everything is fine in HIGH frequency tests then your hearing is fine.

8. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      That is unfortunately not correct. See Liberman's work.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      unlucky

unlucky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      so if you have 100% in both standard and high frequency tests then, how should you check your hearing else, do you know that? or do you mean, that completely everyone who has tinnitus has hearing loss or what's your point, can you explain?

10. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      One way of stating it is that a perfect audiogram is a necessary condition for having no hearing loss, but not sufficient.

In other words, if you have perfect hearing, you'll ace the hearing test, but acing the hearing test is no guarantee of perfect hearing, because there is such thing as "hidden hearing loss" that is not detected by the tests that are routinely administered by audiologists.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      unlucky

unlucky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      okay now i got it, thanks pal!

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      unlucky

unlucky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi all, I'm 20 year old male, I got tinnitus more than a month ago, first it was only in one ear, but then it also started in the second ear and I think it gets louder and louder each day.

I had hearing tests and the doctor said that I was totally fine, what should I do?

Does it get louder because I'm more and more nervous?

And I have sinusitis also at the moment and I'm taking many pills and somewhere I read that side effects of many kind of antibiotics can aggravate tinnitus - is that also true?

Sorry for the messy text, but please somebody give me advice on what to do.

• Hug Hug x 2
    13. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It is true. Some antibiotics medicine will spike the T.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Aspirin and even some cough drops can cause tinnitus. Anxiety is not good for tinnitus although admittedly it's hard not to have it when when is experiencing tinnitus for the first time. I'll leave you with this, the majority of people who get tinnitus claim it doesn't bother them at some point or another. Hopefully soon you'll be part of that majority.
      Mike

• Like Like x 1
    15. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      1. Antibiotics can make tinnitus worse so that could be a factor. If you are on one now, call up your doctor and ask for alternatives. Maybe get on a different antibiotic or try something different altogether.

2. Sinus problems can also make your tinnitus worse so even though Antibiotics will hurt you, you should find a way to treat it.

3. We don't know anything about your lifestyle. Do you engage in any loud activities? Bars, clubs, concerts, listening to music through headphones?