Greetings from an Introvert

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Guest474837, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Guest474837

Guest474837 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      I'm the kind of guy who gets nervous and goes super high pitched when introducing myself at a party. I've just realized doing it on a forum isn't any easier!

I originally starting noticing a problem in late 2011 / early 2012. I was diagnosed with subjective tinnitus which at the time felt like the end of the world as I knew it. Fortunately, mine was mostly due to inflammation issues and as a consequence it's something I don't really have an issue with today.

Truthfully, I've never been one for forums .. even wring this has been more painful than you could ever imagine for me as I find writing as difficult as speaking in public! I came here for work reasons but it's positive to see there's a place you can come to to find solace. I think I was fortunate that my tinnitus was never too severe to begin with, but I can understand speaking to others that it's a surefire way to madness if left unchecked.

Noah.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Stacey427
      Alienated

Stacey427 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2014
      Hi Noah!

How are you?

I'm new here to too the forum and ill have to say, these been my very dark days due to a recent development of T, I've found the support on here amazing! People are so kind and are willing to have a chat to help you out.

Do you mind me asking whether your T fluctuates or has increased or stayed the same with time?

I know you will find people here very friendly and helpful!

Stacey :)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Guest474837

Guest474837 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Hi Stacey,

Thanks for the welcome - one of my biggest fears was posting and nobody replying!

At the time mine fluctuated, interestingly moreso around the time when I was stressed but I could never work out if this was like a psychosomatic thing.

My parents are huge advocates of alternative treatments and I eventually found relief with a combination of NAC, Bromelain, Zinc and Ginkgo (... many people seem quick to dismiss Ginkgo, but I'm firm believer that it can help many of us, but only when used with other ingredients and obviously a balanced diet to rule out things like vitamin deficiencies, but that's a whole other (controversial) subject!).

Have you had your tinnitus diagnosed yet?

4. Albert Savage

Albert Savage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1972
      Hi Noah,
      While I'm new to the forum myself, I guess that I'd be considered an old timer with tinnitus. My tinnitus started when I was in the army in 1972. It can be maddening to just irritating. Hang in there.

Al

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Guest474837

Guest474837 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Hi Al,

I can't imagine over 40 years of it! Have you found anything that works for you?

6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Noah, and welcome!

I'm an introvert, too, so I certainly understand where you're coming from. It took me awhile to start posting on this forum (two years ago), but now, I'm so glad I did!

It's great that you've found ways to deal with your tinnitus, and that you are using natural supplements. I believe in those, too. How much zinc are you taking, and how often are you taking it? I take zinc every so often, but was a little afraid to take it on a daily basis and cause an imbalance.

Again, welcome, and hope to hear more from you soon!

Karen

• Friendly Friendly x 1