Has Anybody Ever Had a Permanent Spike Increase WITH Ear Protection?

Discussion in 'Support' started by CDNThailand, Dec 12, 2016.

1. CDNThailand

CDNThailand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/17/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MP3, Stress, TMJ
      Is that possible with ear plugs or muffs IF they are worn throughout the event and worn properly?

2. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      Theoretically, of course it is, because you are not giving a definite volume of the event, nor the hearing protection worn.

This is increase due to the fact that you likely can never know the definite volume of the event in advance, and in some cases, not even the effectiveness of the protection you use in efficacy.

In addition to that I've seen from some on this forum, that damage can seem to occur when everything seems to say that it shouldnt, both regaurding volume, and hearing protection.

However everybody ultimately has to choose how they live their life. In my case, music doesn't even sound right anymore, so why bother, it is just depressing to even try to listen to it. Unless it gets better I certainly wouldnt even try to listen to it in a loud environment. Why try to listen to music that doesnt even sound right any more, and risk worsening symptoms?

Sorry if this is negative, but I don't agree with a positive dogma if it puts people at risk. I'll get positive when my hearing improves, and take the risk myself before i ever suggest someone else do so.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      I totally agree with you and Im totally having the same situation as you.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1