Has Anyone Finished Benzo Withdrawal? I Have a Question About My Heart Rate

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Apr 5, 2018.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I'm pretty much off the drug but my pulse rate sitting seems to average 85 bpm and standing it can be between 90-100. After a regular walk it can be 120. Lying down might be 75 to 80.

For reference, my parents bpm is around 70.

I'm also taking Lamictal which may be causing it or causing some kind of synergistic affect.

I've been pretty much off the drug for 3 months except for taking a very small crumb of a .5mg pill at night.

My blood pressure is not high. Any advice?

2. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      I have the same issue. Heart rate is around 85-105. Go for a walk then it shoots above 120. Have you found a med that helps relax the heart rate?

3. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
    4. Arseny
      Wishful

Arseny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly from problems with blood flow
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Yes, a beta blocker lowered it, however, since my pulse got very low right before falling asleep, I would almost feel like my heart was stopping when drifting off to sleep and immediately wake back up. The doctor gave me a beta blocker that lasted "all day" which is something I didn't want. The pharmacist told me to take it in the morning to reduce that effect.

However, I decided to get off all medications and most supplements and wouldn't you know it... my pulse dropped quite a bit. I do however, think my body is also sensitive to caffeine and any food like chocolate that might have it.

6. TWK

TWK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      When did you stop the beta blocker, and did you taper off it? Even tapering off a beta blocker properly can trigger high resting heart rate for several weeks - your body's adrenaline receptors are now feeling the full amount of adrenaline floating around, and have to re-adjust.

7. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      You need a holter event monitor and followup with a cardiologist if concerned (preferably an electrophysiologist) to ensure this isn't an arrhythmia.

From there, an echo perhaps to look for abnormalities in your valves and heart structure, along with your ejection fraction and estimated pulmonary pressures.

There is pots that someone else has mentioned.

You can have your adrenaline and noradrenaline levels checked.

Adrenal fatigue and changes in hormones can affect the heart.

There is a condition called inappropriate tachycardia.

Sanjay Gupta (UK based cardio) speaks about this on YouTube.

Are you anaemic or hyperthyroid?

I'm on dan shen for my heart as well as COQ10.

My doctor is querying endocarditis from a Lyme like infection now, so if you have any other accompanying symptoms, you ought to seek the advice of a cardio.