Hashir Aazh Tinnitus Clinic — Any Experiences? Reviews?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Uklawyer, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      For those you in London, or further afield, I have been recommended to speak to this guy by the audiologist that tested me.

https://hashirtinnitusclinic.com/

He appears to be well recognised. She (the audiologist) was pretty thorough and accommodating with me. She had TRT training with those who first did it in the UK, but did not suggest it to me (I don't know if she actually provides it through her clinic).

Has anyone heard of him/been treated by him?

Happy to answer any questions on the audiologist if anyone is interested and it could be of help.

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @Uklawyer.

Is your audiologist private or NHS? Have you been seen at any NHS hospital for tests and treatment for your tinnitus?

Michael

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Michael Leigh. I saw this audiologist privately, since I am based mostly in France. I have not seen a GP in the UK in a long time - and I do not know how long it would have taken to get an appointment with an ENT then be referred to an audiologist in the UK.

4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Thanks @Uklawyer.

Best of luck with whatever treatment you are able to get for your tinnitus.

Take care,
      Michael

5. dsman

dsman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Combination of Isotretinoin and loud sounds
      Hi @Uklawyer.

Did you end up visiting the clinic to get treatment? I am considering moving to London and was also recommended to get treatment from them if I do move to London.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey @dsman, I did not, no. It's CBT that's not covered by health insurance, which I find a bit weird.

I chose to see someone else. At present we are talking about how fucked up my life is.

If you have tinnitus and nothing else - no pre-existing anxiety, depression or health issues and tinnitus, alone, is dragging you down, it might be worth trying with this guy - if not, with Laurence McKenna.

7. AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Botched lumbar puncture, CSF leak
      I did Hashir's online tinnitus course. It's just Jastreboff style CBT gaslighting. He doesn't know the first thing about tinnitus in my impression.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
      @Bam was quite negative on this. He wrote:
      (For the text exchange you need to read Bam's topic, page 20.)

He further added:
      An alternative would be Dr. Laurence McKenna. He delivers mindfulness courses for tinnitus through the NHS and they are free (at the time @Bam said he paid £200 for each CBT session with Hashir Aazh). McKenna receives also privately. He co-authored papers showing mindfulness has a positive impact.

None of these type of interventions helped me, my tinnitus is too severe and keeps deteriorating. I need an effective treatment rather than psychotherapy or mindfulness. Sadly, nobody in the medical establishment gets the urgency of this.

• Informative Informative x 1