Having a Hard Time with This Today

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mike L, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Mike L

Mike L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Hello all,

I've had T since January. This is my second time getting it. I was dealing pretty well with it, but last night I just couldn't get it off my mind. I think about it all day. I have an ENT appt soon and im trying to schedule a dentist appt as well since my GP felt my jaw pushing up into my left ear and popping. My biggest worry is just hearing it forever. just needed to vent.

2. Hil

Hil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      I feel what you're saying! I've had it since November, and I'm in the same boat as you! Trying to stay hopeful and positive, but sometimes it's hard to keep my head up...

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Mike,
      I know you might have a jaw problem that might be the cause Tempormandibular joint problem but do you have any other idea what might have caused your tinnitus ?....lots of love glynis

4. Samzen

Samzen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2012
      The early stages of getting tinnitus are the hardest because it's something so new and foreign. The idea is to just keep going and slowly stop worrying about it so much.

5. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I learned a method here on the forum that gets T off your mind. Not a cure, but a way to not have to hear it.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike L

Mike L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure

Probably stress. I have lots of stress on me for the last year. New job, 1 year old, bills, money. I stress out a lot and of course with my T returning it has only made that worse.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike L

Mike L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      I think my biggest problem is i'm one of those people who tries to listen for it all the time. So of course when I go to bed and its quiet I go nuts... Ill sit in my car when its quiet and see if I hear it.

8. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Kevin Hogan wrote on his page the most important lifestyle change: Never listen to you T, not a second, not a minute, never. So if your T is not that loud, follow this. Unfortunately my T does not allow this on most days since it is electrifying my head.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike L

Mike L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      I will check it out.

10. Tha_b_man

Tha_b_man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1/2009
      Kevin Hogan wants to sell you a book. [emoji1]. Man I've had T for over 5 years. There was a time that I obsessed over it, constantly listening for it. It would wear me out. Those days are long gone thank goodness. I still have T but the obsession has faded. The first trick that helped me when I was obsessing was to start counting by 2s in my head. It would break my cycle for a few minutes and that was huge at the time. Give it a try.

• Helpful Helpful x 2