Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DimitarIV, Apr 10, 2018.

1. DimitarIV
      Creative

DimitarIV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone!
      Before I start I need to say that my English is not good at all so I apologies for that in advance haha.
      My name is Dimitar and I'm nooby with this life journey called "Silence = Tinnitus".

Me and my girlfriend gave a name to the sound - "Tiny" :D.

So, everything started two weeks ago with high blood pressure and blood from my nose, some dizziness. The day after my hearing were little strange. No loud noise before that (I'm a musician), mostly playing at acoustic gigs. The next day I've met my personal ENT and he told me that my hearing was perfect and maybe my ears are clogged because I felt them full and clogged. He told me to make some exercises for balancing my ear pressure. After doing this my wisdom tooth came out but thats another topic.

After 3 or 4 days later a little ringing started in the back of my head. I'm very picky with my ears and immediately called my ENT. He sends me to a specific audio test which was above 8khz and the doctor found a little dip in 4khz (C# to be exact :D) and Freq above 8-9 were annoying to me. Hospitalized for 6-7 days on medications, sadly - all in vain.

They did all kind of tests but like we all know - they gave me the cold "Get used to it!" medicine haha.

I'm getting used to it but I've noticed some hi frequencies are difficult to pick, I know my hearing very well and that's the main issue for me. "Tiny" were loud at first but I'm also long year friend with panic attacks and I know how to maintain calm and how to reduce my stress with meditation and deep breathing.

Today I found I can modulate the sound with the moving of my jaw and my eyes(not so sure about the eyes tho) and I found that is very common and it's called "Somatic". With that said, I'm looking forward meeting new people here with this "Tiny" sound in their heads :D and becoming friends. It's good to see people who are strong and brave to face this condition.

Our mission is to eliminate stress and to give positive energy to the new sounds in our minds.
      (sorry again, English is not my strong side <3)

BIG LOVE TO ALL!

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      If you have high blood pressure this could be an issue and something you should look into.

.... and welcome to the forum.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DimitarIV
      Creative

DimitarIV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It has faded compared to how it was a year ago. It faded a lot during the first three months (and switched from a high pitch tone to a hiss), but then I pressed an old loud landline phone (its volume stuck at Max) to my bad ear. When the person on the other end raised her voice to greet me, I moved my hand away from my ear right away, but it was too late. Later that day, my T got louder and became a high pitch tone again. Over the past year, I had experienced a number of those micro acoustic traumas and the resulting setbacks...

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DimitarIV
      Creative

DimitarIV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You will get there again, I know it. Thank you for the support Bill, wish you all the best and maybe someday - silence!

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DimitarIV
      Creative

DimitarIV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      3 day without T

Leaving something behind, every morning this was my motivation:

MORNING MOTIVATION - How 5 Minutes a Day Can...

Thank you TT.

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DimitarIV
      Creative

DimitarIV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      1 week without T.

And the doctor told me it wont go away