Hello everyone:)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ang, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Ang

Ang Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No idea!
      What a wonderful forum! My T began completely out of the blue. I didn't realize I was the problem as I searched the entire house for that annoying noise asking everyone to shhhhh and listen. As silly as that sounds I had no idea this type of medical problem existed. I very quickly became consumed with sadness and fear of it never going away . I would be so frustrated reading on forums that I would get used to it over time and thought clearly these people don't have it as bad as I do. Many months of tears, no sleep taking multiple pills to knock me out my husband saved me by finding the right white noise . I gave up but he didn't . So I will say it.... It takes time, the beginning is the worst and can be some of your darkest moments. I have not thought or spoken about it for over a year even though it lives through every conversation and thought I have... I have moved on :)

• Like Like x 4
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      @Ang
      Nice ending statement, - you have moved on. I'd like to think I've moved on, but my Tinnitus has decided to come along with me. As you implied - it lives within us. I enjoy being in the outside, in my backyard doing menial tasks, then I tend not to think of T. Back inside now with the computer, its pretty loud. Welcome. Yesterday waiting for someone I felt irritated, up comes my T.

Welcome to this forum. I'm glad you think it's good. I agree, the initial months are not fun. Nice picture, looks like a beach to me.

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Ang, and thanks for posting! I'm so glad you've found something that works for you, and that you have been able to move on. It's so true that the worst moments are in the very beginning of tinnitus, and that things (for most of us) do improve with time.

Would you be willing to post some similar comments under "Success Stories"?

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome Ang. Yes, I agree with Karen. Anyone who had suffered from T badly and then moved on to have normal life again can inspire others to have hope about their own recovery from T. If anything, copy and paste this post and/or add a little more detail or encouragement for the newer sufferers will be great for the success story.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ang

Ang Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No idea!
      Hi James,

I suppose what I have moved on from is the loss of knowing silence . I wish I could remember what it's like . At least a memory you can visualize , but silence, what a thing to take for granted. Mine also gets louder from time to time ... Like last night while reading this forum it seemed louder than ever ! I remained calm though and eventually fell asleep :)
      The picture is a beach on the Sunshine Coast in Australia... Nothing is better for tinnitus than crashing waves !

• Like Like x 1