Hello, I'm Just New Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jordy, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Jordy
      Asleep

Jordy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      8x Fireworkshow, Fallas Valencia
      Hello all!

Just registered and I have been looking a while on this forum, actually since last March of this year. I'm Jordy and I'm 27 years old, living in The Netherlands and have been suffering with T since 2013, which probally caused by fireworkshows Fallas Valencia, Spain. The flight back was the most horrible flight I have ever had! I litterly had the feeling my ears would explode anytime, the pain was huge and also heared a "POP" sound, not the similar one but one which looked like there broked something inside. But for someway my mind says I can't just accept the fireworks caused the T for a reason.

Been there around +- 8 times, since my age of 16. I am now 27. The T increased alot since this year, it was acceptable for me the past years. We still have no timemachine, I'm very sorry for myself I've been there, but there is not hing I can do, but ok.

At the moment this is my second week of holiday and I am thinking more about the T. I think the reason for that is that I have now more time for myself and can just "relax", instead of my 40 hour job a week. Or it could be that I have been drinked alot for 5 days, excessive (0.8L whiskey a day). This sunday, monday I literally thought every minute about it, and my thoughts were like: "DAMN WILL IT EVER GO AWAY!?" or "SHOULD IT BE THE ALCOHOL WHICH CAUSES THE PROBLEM?". During a work week I only drink on Friday & Saturday but also that amount of whiskey (0.8L) for atleast like 4-5 years from now. I know it is bad but....... I had these thoughts earlier (mostly at night) some weeks ago during a normal work week, but I never experienced it so hard as now during my holiday.

Especially sleeping is a big problem for me. Beside smoking 1-2 joints a day, one before sleeping, I also do take sometimes temazepam (10mg) to fall asleep. Like I said above that sometimes my thoughts are like that, I also sometimes take oxazepam to make the thoughts go away, but I do take them very rare because I do not like medicines.

During writing this post, I totally wasn't hearing the T for almost 80% of the writing time. I do believe everything is related to the body-mind thing which makes T.

What I am searching here is a good way the handle the T, and see which people have good tips around this forum.

EDIT: I also find it a weird thing when moving my jaws, the T sounds increases.

Regards,

Jordy

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You might consider protecting your ears from moderate noises like that of a vacuum cleaner, or music playing at a pub. It is possible that those are the noises that caused your T to become louder.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jordy
      Asleep

Jordy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Bill,

In May I have bought custom earplugs at an earspecalist (-35db). The reason was for next year when visiting the event (fireworks) in Valencia. But I made the decision I will never go to there ever again.

Also I avoid pubs and loud noises, my behaviour while using a small vacuum cleaner is to switch on/off the powerbutton to prevent loud noises haha. But what I really think: "is that the right way?", reffering to the Heller en Bergman research in 1953. It's all about the brains, which is in a vicious circle or fear and sound and we have to exit that circle, but that is my opinion.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Perhaps your T is somatic type. You should check out if you have TMJ issue.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jordy
      Asleep

Jordy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes I will do more research about this tomorrow or do you have some information for me? Like how I can exercise and see if it reduce?

The dentist of me made a photo of my jaws, but just a normal device to recognize teeth, is this enough? Should it be a MRI / CT scan? Or something more?

I live in the Netherlands and we do have a good healthcare, that's a bit of my luck maybe.
      Previous wednesday I went to a ENT doctor, and asked him for a MRI scan because it could be caused by a "neurinoma".

Literally he's reaction: "No, we are not going to do that because the costs of this are to much, I'm an doctor and I know you don't have a brain tumor". I was like: "WTF? What are you saying?! Can you see through me?! I pay €150 each month for healthcare, that's also too much but ok...", later he apologized and made an apointment for the MRI scan.

But today I called the hospital and cancelled the MRI scan because I have no trust in this ENT doctor, and will search for a humanitarian doctor.

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I don't have TMJ myself but I read a lot about TMJ on support forums all these years. Just click 'Forum' at the top left and type TMJ in the search box and you will see many, many discussions on that. Good luck.

7. Freeatlast

Freeatlast Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound
      The only thing I believe do effect your brain neurons is the joints you smoke.. Narcotics and disorders is a no no