Hello, New and with Pulsatile Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by StCarlyon, Sep 19, 2017.

1. StCarlyon

StCarlyon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, I just developed pulsatile tinnitus about a month ago. At first I noticed it in the evening while sitting at my laptop working. It was a whooshing sound like an ultrasound of a heartbeat. When I was pregnant a year ago I remember occasionally hearing this and being told it was due to the increased blood flow. It'd persist until I went to bed, but it was inconsistent so I didn't . One morning I woke up to the sound and decided to investigate.

This forum kept coming back and I've read through many other posts. I've also found whooshers.com and read through that to help abate my anxiety. My GP is aware of the issue and making a referral for me to an ENT. I know this introductory board is for "traditional" tinnitus so I won't elaborate much more in this post.

Thank you though for offering a service like this!

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. For pulsatile tinnitus, you can try to post in that support forum for PT. Our notable member @Karen if available can give you some helpful advice as she has dealt with this condition and has some good advice to help new sufferer. Take good care. God bless.