Hello, New to Site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Abbygirl, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Abbygirl

Abbygirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started right after onset of vertigo
      Hello, new to this site, trying to navigate around the site. This seems like a good support for people with tinnitus. Have had tinnitus since January 2015 every single day. Never lets up.

2. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      Sorry and welcome!
      Do you have hearing loss?

3. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      This is the best site I've found for tinnitus support. We all know what you are going through. And there's some great advise and helpful people to find here. Have you ever been to ENT?

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Here you are never alone as members have gone through similar journey with T. How are you handling your T? Have you tried any treatments such as CBT, TRT, Mindfulness Meditation etc. and have you tried masking to help you cope with your T which never lets up? To help reduce T, members also recommend use of supplements such as NAC, Magnesium, , Zinc, B12, D3, etc. Many here often advice diet and/or life style change such as reducing intake of salt, sugar, MSG, caffeine, alcohol etc. or switching to more healthy diet. Often doing relaxing exercises or hobbies can ease the stress and anxiety from T which can help reduce T. If you can enjoy the outdoors, by all means go for it. Take good care. God bless.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Abbygirl

Abbygirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hello billie48,
      I have definitely changed my diet, I do take D3 and B12 along with Magnesium. So far no changes. I take Ativan at night to help me fall asleep. Otherwise I lay there in bed and unable to sleep T is so loud. I have even downloaded masking tracks to try out and still not successful. While trying to mediate all I hear is the T so my focus is not there. My doctors don't seem concerned about it at all. Mine started in January 2015 after a sudden onset of Vertigo. Since then my T has been constant, every single day. Along with that I have been diagnosed with Migraine headaches and perhaps some sort of Vestibular Disorder, still waiting to go for Balance and Dizziness testing as I get dizzy episodes (different than my recurring vertigo) and I become off balance as well. I love the outdoors and have been trying to get out as much as possible (June 2015 I tore the meniscus in my right knee and it is still not resolved, so it affects how much I get around). When it rains it pours.
      Thanks for your tips!

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Abbygirl

Abbygirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I do have some hearing loss, but nothing my doctors seem concerned about. I have been to my Family Physician, an ENT, a Neurologist and now waiting for further investigation at a Balance and Dizziness clinic.

7. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      There are many causes of vertigo. One such cause is Meniere's Disease which can have vertigo and T plus other things. Have you got your doctor check out for Meniere's. If you have that, perhaps other members who experience that can advise you better then me. However if your vertigo is not related to Meniere's, but is BPPV or Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, then this short exercise or maneuver may work for you. I had a sudden case of BBPV a few months ago. Everything spinned around me and I vomited constantly, until I find this wonderful exercise or maneuver by a lady MD. I did it once and most of my spinning feels were gone. I did it trice my vertigo was over and never came back. I recently told another church friend about it and she practised the maneuver and her condition is greatly improved. Give it a try to see if it works for you. Take care. God bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Abbygirl.
      I have Menieres and had it 12 years plus and will support you all I can anytime if need me.....lots of love glynis

9. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      It sounds like Menieres, my mother suffers from it also. Although her doctor hasn't put her on awesome medication which has seemed to help her a lot.