Hello People :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rasmus, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure maybe to much noise
      Hello my name is Rasmus and im 22 years old and im new here :) Before you read this sorry bad english :/

My tinitus startet around 2 years ago, and not a long time after i found out found out in the military that i had some hearing loss :/ but about 1 month later i went to my doctor to check my hearing loss and tinitus. But he said he could not see anything wrong with my ears, so he sent me to noise troat and ear doctor, and they testet my ears and told me that my hearing was fine and it actully was pretty good.
      Then i just got use to my tinitus even when i almost could hear it all the time, because i knew there was pretty much nothing they could do to help me :( and now i have been use to it for almost 2 years, but last friday my left ear startet to make a new tinitus sound and it gets higher every time i hear other sounds so its pretty hard to mask and ignore.(this new tinitus sound goes up and down every 0.50 sec) So today i went to noise troat and ear doctor to check my hearing again and my hearing had improve from last time a little bit, and he compared this result with my last one. And i think its pretty wird my tinitus get worse and my hearing is improving and its even better then normal peoples hearing, and the doctor testet me and thought that i was looking at the screen because my hearing was so good, but i didt i couldm just hear it, it was not loud but i could fell that i could hear it. So now im thinking if i even can trust this testes because my hearing test is diffrent every time?

So what do you guys think? that i can trust this test result because in the last 12 years or so, i have been using headset on my computer almost daily when i am video games and watching movies and tv shows. with my friends and im that guy who love to go to kino with my friends :) and i dont think that my cells in the ear has taken no damage at all from all this time i have been using headset(by the way i dont really use headset anymore)

Thanks alot for reading this and again sorry my bad english :/

2. Capricornus
      Inspired

Capricornus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi, and welcome to TT.

First of all, you need to ditch that headset immediately and give your ears a rest. If you do this I believe that the "spike" you are experiencing right now will have a good chance to settle. You can also try supplements like NAC and magnesium as they can help to protect hair cells in the ear.

Regarding your hearing test: you can have hearing loss in higher frequencies which won't show. Stupid I know...

Try to stay positive and it will get better :)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks al0t for answer :)
      I guess i have hearing loss in higher frequencies maybe :)
      I have been mostly positive with it in my 2 years, but my left ear is just to loud right now :(
      About headset i dont really use that anymore :)

4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi Ramus.
      I agree with Capricornus that you shouldn't use the headset for a while not even at low volume. I advise that you try not to sleep in a quiet room as your brain will focus more on the tinnitus. Sound enrichment is usually recommended. If you can get a referral to a Hearing Therapist for tinnitus management that would be helpful. Please click on the link below and read the article which you might find helpful. It explains a little about tinnitus and treatments available including sound enrichment. There is also a section on headphones/headsets.
      Hope you start to feel better soon.
      Michael
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hello thanks for answer :)
      I dont really have that much of a problem with sleeping 95% of the time :) I can normally fall a sleep after 10-20 min :) But thanks will look at it if i ever get a problem :)

6. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Rasmus Although using a sound machine at night can help a person to drift off to sleep, its main purpose is to supply your brain and auditory system with sound enrichment when you are in deep sleep. Please read my article: Tinnitus, A Personal View, then you will get more understanding of the uses of sound enrichment and how it helps tinnitus.
      Michael

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for answer :)
      How do i find your article :)?

8. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
    9. cccourt
      Curious

cccourt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      erratically about 1/2011 constant 6/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown (age?)
      In relation to Michael's informational post: This is my first post, first time at this site. I am a retired speech/language pathologist. Emphasis on retired. Means old. Long time out of school.
      I have Sjogren's Syndrome...an autoimmune disease. Upon dx my once erratic tinnitus became pretty chronic, and in one ear. I knew most of the hints in Michael's blurb (and EXCELLENT post btw). I have beI en able to manage, mask, maintain my sanity thru the variations and intensities of my tinnitus.
      I believe the chronic state at this time is exacerbated by various Rxes I take for a) Sjogren's, and b) Partial Onset Epilepsy. (The conditions r not related except identified within a year of one another.) Doesn't make it any less aggravating. The point of this post is to tell this group something I 'd forgotten. Yesterday I had appt with my neurologist. I am having balance issues, mentioned it as the balance prob can be caused (in some instances) by the seizures. I mentioned the tinnitus..and oft times wondered if that threw me off kilter. I added I was old enough to have beginnings of Meniere's. He quickly asked if I was losing my hearing. I said no..and he said, "You should know if you aren't losing your hearing, it's likely you have Meniere's. I don't know if I knew that or have long ago forgotten it. He had me attempt to walk straight lines, etc....and deduced I needed to consult physical therapy department for eval for "balance" therapy. (quite common here in the USA).
      Here is my observation, question: It seems many of you have completely different possibilities as to why you are suffering this dreaded condition, and do all of you have hearing losses.
      Michael is correct in pointing out losses at a high frequency and you won't know it. Very high and very low frequencies are lost quite frequently. As those frequencies are not in our speech range, we never cultivate the very few times we must hear them critically in an entire lifetime. Hearing screenings seldom even screen at those extreme levels.
      I am going to enjoy reading thru the help threads here.
      cccourt

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hello guys i found out my new tinitus is neck problems. But i dont know if my tinitus 2 year old tinitus is because my neck. There is a chance but im not gonna get my hope up for that :/ But thanks again for all the answers.