HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aiguo, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Aiguo

Aiguo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello all,
      I really hope you can help me.
      6 weeks ago I started feeling a low buzzing in my right ear, then my face was painful, muffled ears and a lot (but really a lot) of mucus came out of my palate (retronasal), mucus sometimes green and sometimes yellow.
      Stuffy nose and a strange crackling sound when I swallow.
      The doctors diagnosed me with sinus infection saying that it will go in few weeks.
      I was on antibiotics for 3 weeks then the doctor said that the infection is gone and will take about 4-6 weeks to "unclog" my nose, ears.
      The ringing is low and most of the time I can hear it just if I am in a very silent environment or if I block my ears.
      Now my questions are:
      1) Anyone had similar experience, sinus=ringing if yes how long will take to go away?
      2) I am terrorised that my ringing will became all of a sudden very high and destroy my life.
      3) Is really normal for a bad sinus infection to go away then come back and to take this long to go away?

Please help me I am panicking

Love

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Aiguo
      Hi Aiguo.
      The most common cause of tinnitus is exposure to loud noise. Typically headphone use and attending clubs where music is played loud. From what you describe this isn't the cause of the ringing that you've been experiencing. What your Dr diagnosed seems right and I would give it time for the ringing to eventually go. Try not stay in a quiet room as that will make your brain focus on the noise. Have some low level music playing such as classical.

Try not to block your ears and listening for it. It would also help at night if you have some low level music or nature sounds to play by your bedside. Keep the volume low. This is called sound enrichment and is often recommended for people that have tinnitus which is much louder than yours. When the brain hear silence, especially at night in a quiet room, it has the ability to increase it's background activity, and if tinnitus is present it will also increase it's volume.

I think you will be alright and try not to worry. If you do listen to music through headphones, just keep the volume at sensible level and not too loud.
      All the best
      Michael

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. DDD

DDD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noice induced/acoustic trauma
      It's possible that it can stay. It's also possible it can go. No one knows with tinnitus. Very unpredictable. I would say just try not to panic. It'll only make it worse. Praying that yours goes x

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      It can take a few weeks after the green gunk shifts for ear inflamation or nose inflamation to settle so can easy take 6-8 weeks for tinnitus to go.
      Try not to worry as stress will only feed your tinnitus and cause anxiety.
      If you get any ear pain becareful of secondary infection lurking and get your ears checked again.
      Time is a great healer....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Aiguo. Hi if you suffer from sinus it can cause tinnitus symptoms. sinus infection starts in the membranes of the skull. your membranes fill with mucrus from comman colds and then can becomes infectious . That's why your doctor has put you on antibiotics to help the body fight of infection. So there's a good chance yout tinnitus will go after your sinus problems subsides If you have long term sinus problems like I had a few years back there is an operation they can do under local anaesthetic to drain the sinuses.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aiguo

Aiguo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The problem is that apparently my sinus inf. is Viral and not bacterial so antibiotics will do nothing.
      Doctor said I have to be patient and it can take up to 2-3 months to get better.
      I am so pleased for your answers, you are lovely people.

Love u all

7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try steam inhalation as can realy help you....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      Since you ran with the antibiotic treatment, as most people do when prescribed, I might suggest a probiotic capsule at least for a couple months. Antibiotics not only attack the bad bacteria in your system, but also attack the good guys we need for better digestion and bowel health. The reason, I believe, that people take longer to feel better after an infection and antibiotic use, is your body is beginning to create more of both the good and bad guys. Personally, I take a probiotic daily FOREVER! Simply because the foods we eat are so poor in nutrients and processed to heck! The faster you get the good bacteria going in your system, the stronger you get inside to fight on!

I will share a link just to show you a typical probiotic you may find at your drug stores. For me here in Canada, they cost me 50 cents a day. That's 1/4 cup of coffee now a days. I suggest you find one that had 7 strains of the good guys or more. The higher counts help too but may be hard on your system at first. Might consider lower counts at first.... up too you. The average count at expiry for mine are 30 billion live dudes. Just a thought on trying to help your body get stronger to fight off the bad stuff in it..............

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/webber-...trength-10-billion-active-cells/6000112370592

The link above shows one with 5 strains, they also sell one with 8 strains that I typically buy but you may find other products where you live.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/webber-naturals-digestion-probiotic-30-billion-30-capsules/6000191005919

These links may not open in your country.... sorry if they do not!

Regards and get well.

Mike

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      • Funny Funny x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aiguo

Aiguo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Tyvm for all your answers.
      Today I had a very good day, I went out with my wife and to be honest now my ringing is really really low nearly not hear it.
      I am so scared, reading here of some people that they had their T increasing in volume in a crazy way.
      I know also that usually 90% of people who had the T increasing they have or they had a medical history or some damage.

I am ok but I am panicking about this thing :(

• Like Like x 1
    11. JayRock857

JayRock857 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Using Headphones at really high volume
      Aiguo I'm actually going through the same symptoms u got mine started two weeks ago I'm really hoping it goes away soon I still have the cough and had some diahrea this morning so I'm really praying this goes away soon

• Hug Hug x 1