Helpless and Depressed

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Scott T, Jun 28, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      Hi,
      I have had T for almost 8 years now which resulted from someone removing wax with a tool and digging too much. For the past week and a half I felt like there has been a spike and it has been loud. Yesterday I went to the ENT and the PA suctioned out my wax which was impacted to see my ear drum. Now the ringing has increased dramatically to the point where I cant function. I have learned to cope with my low range T but this is too much and I am depressed and scared that it wont return to normal range. On top of this I of course started to google suctioning and worsening tinnitus and that was the number one thing not to do according to everyone but I have had it done in the past for T spikes and no problems. Does anyone have any ideas because if this continues like this I dont think that I will be able to go on like this.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Scott and a warm welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Sometimes having your ears cleared out can cause a little inflammation causing a spike in your tinnitus but over a couple of days should start to settle to your normal base sound.
      Try not get scared as anxiety can add to the tinnitus spike.
      With tinnitus comes unwanted emotions and can soon find yourself with low moods.
      If the low moods become daily and find everything is getting to much then it's time to talk to your doctor for support.

Over time you will find out what triggers your tinnitus and also how your spikes come and go and what you find best to cope with them.
      I find a few nice treats when feeling a little down soon have me feeling better and listen to some nice music if hard concentrate on a program.
      Keep posting for support as we are here around the clock for you......lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      I hope this is it cause as I type this I have a baseline high pitched tone followed by other tones that are fluctuating. Has anyone experienced the same after a wax removal?

4. Karl28
      Wishful

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Hmmm maybe since you got T from wax removal it wasnt a good idea to have it done again.
      But if its a spike it should pass

5. Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      I was in a spike before this happened and the ent performed suction seemed ok. But th en Yeatersay I was all over the place with the T being loud. I have had my ears auctioned with no problems in the past after I got T. Like i said the reason for getting it was that my ears were cleansed using the scoop tools. Anyways. Here I am with loud noise and hopelessness. Can't sleep can't eat don't want to spend time with family.

6. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Scott T . Your stress and anxiety is making your tinnitus worse. Spikes can last for some time I'm sure it will go down to baseline again . I have this all the time up & down volume. I know how you are feeling at this moment desperate and frightened try not to get stressed I know this is hard not to but you are not helping by stressing out. Hope you feel better soon.