Here to Help Others — I've Learned Things to Hibernate My Tinnitus for Hours at a Time

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by one-light, Jan 27, 2021.

1. one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/adrenalin + forgetting to breathe enough when online
      Hi everyone, just to introduce myself, I am 67 years of age, still ride my mountain bike and go running with my little dog Billy Lad or 'fluffy bunny' - I have researched mind strength as in the power of your mind and self healing energy recently over the last 4 years… I have had tinnitus for 10 years, could be a lot longer, just crept up on me with overuse of computers...

My hyperacusis is 99% cured - after years of that creeping up on me so bad that I couldn't stand fans, throwing spoons in draws, and leaf blowers etc... I will always have tinnitus but I have learned things science isn't aware of with my personal fight with it over years - ways to hibernate my tinnitus for several hours at a time - yes I have my off days with tinnitus but 'always' I know how to bring it back in line and behave...

I hope to help many people on here, nice to meet you all...

• Hug Hug x 7
      • Like Like x 4
    2. MindOverMatter

MindOverMatter Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (possibly stress related, and later sound induced)
      Greetings to Northern England @one-light!
      Great to get a little glimpse of your story.

There is always Hope. I like your attitude towards tinnitus.

For how long have you been free of hyperacusis? How long did you struggle with hyperacusis, and what helped you the most in regards to desensitize from hyperacusis?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for your welcome, very kind... I'll get back with info on the hyperacusis solutions for me very soon...

4. Drachen
      Tired

Drachen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Currently unknown; likely noise-induced
      Welcome aboard, one-light!

It's unfortunate to hear you've been dealing with this symptom for 10 years now, but given how you've able to manage some sort of recovery thanks to methods you've learned, that is great news indeed! It would be amazing if you could share all of those here on the community, as the best way to help expedite everyone's recovery is through education and trying things out.

I'd also love to see pictures of Billy Lad if you have any to share! :)

Look forward to seeing more of your posts! Take care.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you kindly both of you - my Billy is a shih tue he is so clever and he likes trains... he's a train spotter at the local station, the staff there took photos of him for Facebook... Anyway down to business - I have much to share 'soon' - I have things to do first, at least I'm on now, been thinking for weeks get on that tinnitus site, done now... Have a good day all...

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi MindOverMatter, I will be discussing how I was cured of hyperacusis over coming weeks, but not in this first thread - I mainly want to help people with tinnitus with the self healing power of the mind research. I've learned so much - but basically with the hyperacusis - I retrained my sound system, that's mind/brain/ears - to accept sounds as in me the 'self' talking, as in look after yourself, behave yourself etc, the self - so the self 'me' telling the head or 'Ed' as I call it - it's just sound Ed, listen to that nice dishwasher, it's good, it's strengthening you just listening to it, it's so nice, then another, sound, gently and another, steady though... and compliment yourself, well done Ed or well done me... this is important gratitude for increasing personal vibes, 'energy vibrations' for better health...

I hope this helps, see you around on here...

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Before I get involved with the main forum and help where I can help - thank you all for the welcomes, hugs, likes 'and' trophies. 2 of them trophies thank you - i still can't see where the trophies are to give out lol - anyway thank you all...

8. MindOverMatter

MindOverMatter Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (possibly stress related, and later sound induced)
      I'm working on the same, and I do share a lot of your views regarding your approach on how to "overcome" hyperacusis.

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (which this really is) is a fantastic tool if one can make use of it in such a manner. It takes a lot of patience though to re-program the brain, slowly... and it's a bumpy road indeed.

9. DaysToWaste

DaysToWaste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @one-light It's good to have you here! Wow 10 years with this. Your positivity and strength are so admirable!

By the way I love Shih Tzu, in fact I owned one for 12 years! They make great companions indeed. Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you so much for all welcomes - I have been busy preparing my online talks, pages of information ready to talk to youngsters in collages around the UK online in 2021, doing my bit for free - I believe 3 of the most troublesome problems people can get, tinnitus, hyperacusis and voices in the head, and I have helped already on mental health forums with the 3rd issue - all these problems can be averted 'in many cases' or backed off in line at least with sufferers with self healing knowledge, power of the mind information, which I have...

So I intend to get to these youngsters and help here on this wonderful forum with knowledge - firstly to help people avoid these problems in the first place by discussing personal vibes as in 'energy vibrations' - simple things that can get our heads, or Ed as I call mine, in a better place daily... So it's stronger, and able to perform better daily - and if I can help teach people not to beat Ed up every day if you know what I'm saying...

So I will be mentioning energy vibrations 'vibes' a lot - also how important it is to 'pace ourselves' daily... and not overdo it - and rest when the body want's to rest, if only for 10 minutes, so important this, with relaxing breaths to calm the mind...

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know where to put this, so I'll put it on here - it should get good coverage on the welcome page... Devices on charge with a battery enclosed...

Just to tell you I had Windows 10 fitted to my computer, along with a new processor, nothing works lol, outdated, and things keep popping up, so I've been busy - getting there with it slowly, very fast now though I must say... So because I couldn't use my computer for a few days while it was being repaired, I had to use my wife's old snail pace laptop, it has Photoshop for my work...

I had forgotten a golden rule from my 'dark ages' when at one time along with other stuff going wrong with my body machine, don't use devices with a battery enclosed 'when on charge' - the reason for this I found out at the time with my early research, is when on charge, a bad energy glows for about an inch then goes back, but it's glowing poor energy, when on charge, don't touch for long periods... I know this for a fact, with looking online and when at one point many years ago my mobile was leaking battery charge daily and I was so ill for 5 weeks, I remember my wife saying after the battery was replaced, you're like a new man...

Well the evening after being on her computer the other night with it on charge all the time, I felt so unwell - and there's a very important reason for writing this - and things happen for a reason, so 4 am the other morning - I woke up with tinnitus having a proper go - and I said in mind, what's the matter with you Ed, tins having a right go...

I get spiritual guidance, and by 5.00 am I knew exactly what I had forgotten - the laptop on charge while using it...

I hope this device charging information helps others, and it's going on other forums tomorrow - many kids will be on devices while on charge as well, dangerous IMO...

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      With me personally with my tinnitus, it's all about pacing myself, keeping my head strong each day - and getting through to early evening with Ed in good shape, because then, even though tinnitus is still there, its easier to hibernate it as in 'ignoring it' - with me personally my brain'mind works brilliantly, its the cooling system if you like creating problems, and if I overdo it, I pay the price for several hours, until I make myself have that rest, then do single point concentration, to calm things down...

Just a mention here as I mentioned spiritual on my other message, no giving up 'ending it' etc - its 'not the way' we are supposed to see it through our life plan here on earth, get help to do this - and take time from media chat, and learn the power of the mind, there's keys in there for better all round health... have a good day all...

• Hug Hug x 1