Hey Guys It's Me Again!

Discussion in 'Support' started by AnneG, Sep 12, 2015.

1. AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Hey you guys! Wow it's been so long! I hope the members and friends that I used to know are still here and active! And I hope they still remember me :( hahaha! Anyways the last time I've been here i think would be September of 2014! So it's been a year wow omg :cry::eek: Well I'm here to let some of my TT friends and buddies know that I have graduated college last month! YAY! Yeah I even I can't believe I made it! I remember having T when I was a Sophomore or Junior in college? I think. And it was those times when everyone here really helped me out and till this very day I treat those people like a part of my life! I really miss you guys! And about my T, I remember posting here that it went away and came back again? Unfortunately after that it didn't go again! Hahaha yeah it stayed, some days it's insanely loud i can here it every damn time! But I guess i did 'habituate' (that's the word right?) Hahahaha :) Anyways i would looooove to hear from my old friends! If you guys ever read this please do comment :thankyousign:

• Like Like x 5
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Hi Anne, congratulations on graduating college! I came here just around the time you left but I read a lot of your posts. Welcome back and glad to hear you are doing great!

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Hi Anne

Thanks for popping back in and letting us know how you've been. Congrats on your graduation and don't be a stranger to Tinnitus Talk. You will always have friends here :beeranimation:

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Hi Rube! Really? That's good so good to know! I came back a few times then to post positive updates. I remember those DARK DAYS when one positive thread about T can help me a lot. I wanted to make someone feel the same way. I'm so glad to hear from you! I hope we can be friends :huganimation:

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13

Erik! Thank you! I remember you so well buddy! How have you been?

6. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Ann ,

I am new here but read your success story recently. It was very helpful for me being new and totally freaked out.

Just wanted to say congratulations on your graduation and glad you are doing well.

Danielle

7. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @AnneG !

It is great to hear from you again, and we'll always welcome you back with open arms. I am so glad to hear that you've graduated from college, and are now truly moving on with your life.

Yes, the right word is "habituation". You are a great example to so many people who are now struggling with tinnitus that, yes, it is really possible to habituate to the noise, and to live your life again.

Thank you for coming back to let us know how you're doing. So proud of you!!!!

Sincerest congratulations, and hugs,
      Karen

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I dont know you but congratulations and great to hear your doing so well..lots of love glynis

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. Ahriette
      Wishful

Ahriette Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Singing or loud music.
      Hey AnneG welcome back, im new here i don't know you really. How old are you and on which age you got T?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      I'm now 22, got it at 19 :)

11. jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

@AnneG, did your come with any hearing loss on your audiogram?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Before no, but my new noise that started yesterday makes me feel kinda deaf on my left ear while my right is perfectly fine.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    13. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Mabuhay! Welcome back @AnneG. How has life been? Your success story is often quoted by me to help encourage college age T sufferers who often wonder if they can still continue their education. Why not? You are a perfect example of that. Congrats to your graduation. Hope your left ears will recover its hearing. Take good care. God bless.

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Mabuhay! Wow billie thanks that's awesome! I hope I somehow helped anyone in anyway I could. But I've been good thanks for asking, starting my first Job as a chef at a hotel here in Manila! All those hard work finally paid off, now its time for the real world. My T though increased yesterday, new sound and new sensation if that's the right word. Left ear feels stuffy and everything sounds muffled like I'm underwater while my right is totally back to normal. T is such a big asshole -_- excuse my language, lol but I'm okay which makes me proud of myself, when I first had to I freaked out so much even though i can only hear it in a quiet room, now here I am with it roaring on my left ear again but somehow not affected as much anymore. Worrying only stresses me out, can't afford that with my job now lol. I actually posted an update on the success stories thread where in i also read yours a few hours ago. You. Are. AWESOME. :) I hope you're doing well

xoxo

15. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      perhaps you have exposed yourself to noise in the kitchen ? I can imagine it gets pretty loud when the pans and cutlery hits metal sinks..and guys shouting all day...I wear silicone "musician" plugs most of day in the office..18db not much but I can hear sounds and conversation fine