Hi, 3 Days Ago, Bam, a High-Pitch Ringing Started. Would Appreciate Advice.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by KellyC, Feb 16, 2017.

1. KellyC

KellyC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi, about three days ago I started hearing a high pitched sound. It went away for about 12 hours but is back.

I had a serious case of bronchitis in November and the cough only went away about two weeks ago only for me to get another head cold. So major congestion, coughing etc and now the ringing.

I don't listen to loud music and very rarely wear ear plugs.

I know you can't diagnose, but given what I've said so you think it's permanent. Trying to get a visit to the ENT, but they are two months out.

Thanks for any help.

Kelly

2. devonlee
      Badass

devonlee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing Loss of Unknown Origin
      Sounds like your tinnitus is related to these infections. I would say it may go away. It's like when you get a respiratory infection and then you feel fine but the cough sticks around for 2 months. I wouldn't lose hope that it's not going to go away. Did your doctor not see any physical abnormalities on examination?

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I am thinking the same that most likely your T has a medical reason of infection or congestion, perhaps ETD. So once the root cause is healed, there is good chance that your T will fade or disappear. Don't worry too much as stress and anxiety can aggravate T. Make sure you get good sleep. If ENT takes too long, perhaps get some antibiotics from your regular doctor to treat the infection. Good luck. God bless.