Hi, I'm Val

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TinyVal, Jul 19, 2016.

1. TinyVal
      Gloomy

TinyVal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      flying with sinus infection
      Hi, I'm Val and new here. I have had T for many years - once I flew across country with a sinus infection. I learned to accept it and it wasn't that bad. This past February I was diagnosed with Eustachian tube dysfunction and told ear tubes would help. I put it off because I was nervous about it after reading horror stories online. This past June I had an upper respiratory tract infection and it settled in my ears. I was in so much discomfort that I couldn't even hold my head up. I had tubes put in 3 weeks ago to release the tons of fluid in both ears. I ended up with an infection in the right ear and it hasn't been normal since. The infection cleared up, fluid was suctioned out and my ENT said it looks great and doesn't understand why it doesn't feel great. My left ear is fine but my right is absolutely miserable. I feel like I'm in a bubble/tunnel/underwater. The draining finally stopped but I still have horrible constant T, can hear myself talk/chew/swallow and others sound muffled when they are talking (although that got a little better yesterday). I was on steroids but that didn't help. I tried reiki and massage and while it distressed me, my ear is still the same. My doc said it takes time to heal and the right one was infected. Any advice?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Sometimes T has a life of its own. Even though the root cause is taken care off, that darn thing just won't go. It is what it is, tinnitus known about its unpredictability. That is why it can inspire fear to its victims. And that is exactly why we need to be careful to not take the bait and to remain calm and patient for the ears to heal. It has been said often that the ears may take 6 months or more to heal and stabilize. If you are too anxious, anxiety and stress level will build up and that will aggravate T. So do whatever you can to relax and to distract from T. If it bothers you too much, then try masking it. Have you done any masking yet?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TinyVal
      Gloomy

TinyVal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      flying with sinus infection
      Hi Billie48
      thanks. Yes, I have had a fan on in my bedroom at night for years which helps. I also have used classical music. It's just been in the last month that T has gotten worse or I've at least noticed it more. I'm definitely anxious and stressed. All of this happened at the same time that I was finishing up after 6 months of planning a fundraiser, holding the fundraiser, participating in a race, and getting my house ready to go on the market to sell. I've done reiki two times over the past weekend and a massage yesterday to help relax me and ground myself. Seeking Archangel Raphael for healing as well. Patience is the one thing my ENT said is the best medicine he can give me. I'm one who doesn't sit around and wait for things to happen - I make things happen and this has been very difficult for me.