Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Joelene, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Joelene

Joelene Member

Tinnitus Since:
      201p
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple ear infection
      I don't know if I have tinnitus. I have spoken with many Dr. None of them will listen To me. All i get is there is nothing they can do and send me home. Most of the time the ringing is louder in the left then the right. I'm trying the no ring ear drops. I run a fan at night but nothing works. It takes forever to sleep but when I do I sleep. I notice when u wake irs not so loud but by the end of the day is screaming. Any advice would be great. Jo

2. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hi @Joelene ,
      Welcome to the forum. I am very sorry that you are having trouble sleeping.
      You mentioned that you have visited many doctors. Have you seen an audiologist and do you have hearing loss?

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joelene

Joelene Member

Tinnitus Since:
      201p
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple ear infection
      I do have some hearing loss. Thought I need a referral for that?

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk @Joelene .
      Try lavender oil in your pillow to relax you and the sence of smell is a great tinnitus masker.
      Try sound therapy listening to natural sounds at night and recommend pillow speakers to listen to it set below your tinnitus.
      Your brain will push hard to pick up the sound you have chosen and push the tinnitus to the background.
      This works best played throughout the night when it works its magic and over time helps your brains natural filter block the sound out so you won't notice the sound in the day as much ....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    5. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      @Joelene,
      If you suspect hearing loss, then I think you should contact an audiologist to be tested. I hope you are sleeping better.