Hope for You — I Overcame Tinnitus and You Can Too

Discussion in 'Support' started by cmagic, Mar 17, 2019.

1. cmagic

cmagic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/25/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Stress.
      A little background about me.

I've had anxiety since I was very young. I'm now 29 so sadly I became a hypochondriac over the years so pretty much anything that went wrong with me I instantly thought the worst.

For example I get a headache freak out & I think it's a brain tumor. All in the mind.

Fast forward to 2018, I was truly convinced that I had a brain tumor from balance issues & head pains so anxiety was high, stress was high for a whole year, pretty much just waiting for a seizure to happen but it never happened.

I know that's a horrible way for your mind to think but I was weak minded.

February 25th, 2019 was when my ringing started happening.

For the next 4 weeks I was truly convinced I was done for, convinced that what I've been thinking this past year is finally reality. I felt hopeless, I was terrified. I was even angry at the fact that this was happening to me, I couldn't enjoy movies music or anything in life because of the ringing.

I did a lot of research. At first I was reading the wrong forums & posts about how there is no cure, how you will have to learn how to live with tinnitus for the rest of your life. The more I researched the more things started to make sense about my mind & body.

On March 13th I accepted the ringing. I welcomed it. I didn't fear it anymore.

Just from that my anxiety lifted, my stress went away and that same night, the volume went down in the ringing. I couldn't believe it.

I know there's a lot of people struggling with tinnitus but I can tell you this for certain, the mind is very powerful and having the right mindset can help you more than you know.

There is hope for you. I know you will overcome this and when you do, you will appreciate your life like you've never have before.

I honestly do feel blessed that tinnitus happened to me because I never appreciated my life prior, and now that I'm overcoming tinnitus my anxiety and stress is the lowest it's ever been.

I can say that it fixed me being a hypochondriac.

I'm not going to go away or forget about the people struggling with this because my ringing is slowly going away. I'm going to be here and help as much as I can with people because I know how difficult & scary it can be.

Get in the right mindset. Don't stress as much. Ease up on the anxiety and improvements will come.

If you need to talk or have any questions please PLEASE message me. I will be checking the inbox every hour! Stay strong, stay positive, there is hope for you, I promise.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      I understand that you want to help people and many will find your post inspiring and agree with it. However, tinnitus can be severely debilitating. It is not just a matter of perception. For many, it doesn’t get better or even worse and these people can’t live normal lives anymore. I’m glad to hear that you got better but please keep severe sufferers in mind where the right mindset alone won’t be enough, they need real treatments.

• Like Like x 6
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum and thanks for your positive post.

4. Bam

Bam Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      As you said yourself you are a hypochondriac. Do you not think your mind made a big deal out of a noise that probably wasn’t there in the first place? I suspect this is far more likely than your miraculous acceptance after just 3 weeks.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
      • Like Like x 3