Hoping for Support and Reassurance

Discussion in 'Support' started by Donna911, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Donna911

Donna911 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      No tinnitus
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am a 53 year old woman. I went to ENT doctor the other day to have my ears cleaned from wax buildup. The doctor suggested doing a routine baseline hearing test. My test came out: asymmetrical hearing loss in left ear. I was very shocked by this because i hear equally well in both ears and no symptoms of anything. The doctor stated that there is a chance it can be a tumor growing on the cranial nerve and he wants me to go back in 4 months to have test again and possibly an MRI. I have anxiety and its been over the top since this day. I am so very scared about the thought of a tumor being a possibility.

Did anyone else ever have this same thing happen and then turn out okay on the second test. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this that anyone can give me. This is all i worry about everyday now. If not a tumor what else can it be?

Please respond. Thank you

2. Fungus
      Dreaming

Fungus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      Well, reassurance in abundance.

Maybe things have always been this way.

If there's a tumour, almost certainly benign.

Please try to settle the anxiety.......it's a bosom-buddy to tinnitus, and you REALLY don't want that.

I can't give a precise answer to you as I don't have a tumour, but do have the bloody nuisance of tinnitus 24/7, 365.

Chances are, you will be fine.....if he was seriously thinking tumour, he'd not be waiting for 4 months.

All my very best wishes

Fungus.

3. fhs
      Fine

fhs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun range
      What other information did the doctor look at to determine that it may be a tumor? Was it just a hearing test? Do the hearing test again and find another doctor.