How Can You Change the Mindset on Good Days?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Aschenherz, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Aschenherz
      Cheerful

Aschenherz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017 H since 7/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, dear users.

After 4 months in I've got three (!) good days on this week. Today it's so soft, I thought in the morning it was gone.

My question is: even on good days I'm still worrying about the future, about tomorrow.

"Will it be loud again?" "Or am I lucky and it's fading?"

All these questions make good days to moderate days. Are there some tricks to not mind-wander?

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You have to give the healing process time. You are only 4 months in and you're asking too much of yourself and your brain to adjust to tinnitus so quickly. Click on my "started threads" and read my article: Tinnitus, A Personal View. There are other posts in the list that will help you understand more about tinnitus and the habituation process. It cannot be rushed, just take each day at a time and count yourself "lucky" that you are having good days as things could be a lot worse!
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aschenherz
      Cheerful

Aschenherz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017 H since 7/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      you're fucking right, Michael.. i am lucky!

thanks for the response, i will read it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    4. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I realize English is not your first language but please do not "swear"as it's not necessary. Another thing, I advise you not to use headphones even at low volume.
      Michael

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aschenherz
      Cheerful

Aschenherz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017 H since 7/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm sorry for that. Yes, since T onset i had never used headphones again.

• Like Like x 2
    6. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Haha I loled at you using the F word and refering to Michael.:D

Good to hear that you had some better days. Let's hope that it is your recovery (I think it is). Did it just happen out of nowhere or is it getting gradually better by the month?

7. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      He was not referring to me specifically @Applejuice when he used the F word. He is not English and doesn't realize it is only people of a certain "class" use profanity. Anyone that has been brought up correctly and has good manners and respect, would never use such language especially in writing. Whilst I applaud @Aschenherz in wanting to write and speak English, I also want him to understand, people judge us by the language we use which says a lot about a person's character.
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
    8. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well yeah with referring I meant quoting/talking to. I'm not a native speaker myself (which you probably already noticed). But seeing him swearing while quoting you makes me smile because of your inevitable reply, which you delivered eventually.;)

Got to enjoy the little things in life right?

• Funny Funny x 1
    9. Natalier

Natalier Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    10. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You write very good English @Applejuice and I thought you were a native speaker. Whilst I enjoy a joke and a laugh when it's in good taste, it does not include the use of bad language which I abhor. I am not a prude, I just don't use bad language during verbal conversation or write it or seeing someone else writing it.

Michael :)

• Like Like x 2
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aschenherz
      Cheerful

Aschenherz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017 H since 7/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don't know what caused it. It changes Day by Day. When i have these good days i can do whatever i want and T doesn't bother me at all. When i have bad days it's good to do lot of things on this day.

Also it's totally random, when it happend. This week it was on Monday, Friday and Sunday. And i'm so glad, that i have 3 mild Days this week. I know that this is rarely and i should consider myself lucky. As i read my first post again and the answer of michael it seems, that i blame the 3 days and want have the whole week or something else.

Honestly, Applejuice, it was getting better, as i did not visit the forum every day. I'm thankful for these people here but when u read here, the focus is on the T. Your T. Their T. It's consuming.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Rick Garner
      Fine

Rick Garner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/ 2016 (T free since mid March 2017) 
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD (most probably)
      Aschenherz,

This forum helped me a lot when I was in a pretty bad mood last year. Thanks a lot to the members, specially to senior members for posting some encouraging posts when they see new sufferers are struggling with daily life. That being said, I decided to stay away from this forum once I had read enough. I am pretty sure that decision played a major role in my recovery.

BTW, judging by the behavior of your tinnitus, it will most probably fade away as time goes by.