How It All Started for Me...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jai, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Jai
      Artistic

Jai Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vascular loop abutting the right vestibulo-cochlear nerve
      Hello everyone !!
      I'm new here ... I'm 16 years old ,and it's great to see there's a forum dedicated to this thing ...
      Well , It all started on 14 th Apr ,2012 ..I was 14 ..I woke up from a nice deep sleep and washed my face and all ,but Suddenly I felt vertigo ,thought it would go in a while or so ,but it worsened and after a few minutes ,I sensed something ringing in my right ear ,and there was the tinnitus .Vertigo went away within a week of meds but not the tinnitus .. Then numerous tests , MRI and CAT scans followed ... Met numerous docs in the two months that followed , and it was a hard time knowing that it isn't curable ...Reasons are still unknown though .. And since then, my life changed .Coping with it was really damn difficult ..Often the tinnitus's frequency and type would change ...There were days I couldn't sleep properly and still there are .. It has been 2 years with tinnitus but I still feel just too much depressed and stressed coz of it .It's like everyday's a war , and honestly I think that tinnitus is just killing me from inside ,but then there are things you don't have control on...That's it ... Though I still haven't lost the hope , maybe it will go one day !!

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      @Jai We all hope for a treatment or cure. While we are waiting the objective is to habituate. First you need to work on your depression. Have you seen a doctor or on any anti-depressions? Don't be afraid to take medication if needed. Learn what works for you. Goal is to accept it and learn it is now a part of you. Hopefully you are habituating and soon will learn to ignore the sounds. It can happen, learn your stress points. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jai
      Artistic

Jai Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank u sooo much for those words .Really appreciate that ..Btw I'm already working on that depression thing ,trying to keep away all the stresses , and everything . I know it's difficult but I know I can overcome this and realize my dreams . Anyways ,thanks for the support and God bless u too .

4. Johno
      Dreaming

Johno Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Read threads about aut00063, retigabine, am-101 and you will feel most better.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Always mask your T at night. My T has gone down and now I sleep without any music. NAC pills might have helped lower my T.
      I no longer need anti depressant meds.
      I think my T began with Ciprodex ear drops so fingers crossed, it could take months to cure. ​

• Like Like x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jai
      Artistic

Jai Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Ricky81 Yea ,it's really hard to sleep at night so I just try to divert my brain to other things ,just start thinking bout other stuffs and that Really does help !! Btw thanks for those suggestions .

7. Rachel Murray
      Amazed

Rachel Murray Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      @Ricky81 I was most amazed when I read your T started because of ear drops Ciprodex - mine started exactly for the very same reason, but here in Holland Ciprodex is called Sofradex!

All the doctors told me that it was impossible but then I have read a report from the American Tinnitus Society saying that if there is a perforation in the ear drum, ear drops can be in fact ototoxic.

So you think it is still possible a cure? Why do you say it can take some months?

• Like Like x 2
    8. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Yea I saw 2 ENTs and they both said Ciprodex drops have a good safety record. However it seems we both turned out to be the 2 unlucky ones. I read somewhere online that T caused by Ciprodex can take months to go away.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. NewGuy

NewGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      I was given ciprodex drops a week after firing my rifle without hearing protection, it definitely got worse after the drops. I stopped using them after about a week. I am going to ent tomorrow. I would love if it goes away in a month or two, but if not I am accepting the fact I did this to myself and I have a life I have to live. I let the stress roll off my back and take it day by day. The days have been better since I quit using the drops but the T is still with me. When I stay busy I tend not to notice it unless I look for it. Drinking helps me forget for awhile but definitely reminds me the next day. In the end, I won't let this control me.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    10. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Mine just started randomly also,fine one day then the next day my left ear had a fulness in it out of nowhere.A few days later I scratched my right ear and BLOOP my right ear went all full.About 1 month of eardrops and wax softeners and the fullness finally went only to be left with T.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Dysphan

Dysphan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Hi i started using Ciprodex two days ago on the Sep. 2nd, 2014. I almost immediately started hearing a high pitched sound in my ear, and it never went away. I believe it is tinnitus, has this happened to anyone else? Will it eventually go back to normal.

12. ibeca

ibeca Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ciproflox or walking past an extremely loud jackhammer.
      I did the same. 3 drops and I went to sleep. When I woke up my T had gone through the roof. Screaming high. Hopefully it is just my sinus that are clogged. But both ears are affected and only the ear I used drop is screaming.
      Did yours go away after a while in loudness?