How It Happened

Discussion in 'Support' started by MikeGreen, Dec 7, 2016.

1. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Hello Im Mike and Im new. I might have informed about how it happened before but I think its time for a more detailed story.

So I never was the type of guy for music. I only listened to Game Themes or Movie Themes. Lets say Epic Music. Like a month or 3 ago I downloaded Spotify ( Here comes the reason why I typed Spotify as cause in my profile bio. ) to listen to music.

I only used this app for listening to music. Now here we come at the crucial part. I have an S7 Edge, its volume bar shows a blue and red color. When you higher the volume to a certain level it turns red. See I just ignored this very important measure and look where it got me. I didnt like the soft sound of my music so I raised it to like 50 percent or so of the red part of the volume bar. Which is bad.

The interesting part is here.
      3 days ago I was working for 14 HOURS STRAIGHT on an essay. My head felt full after finishing it and I needed some music to chill. So I open up Spotify and listen to some song, raise it to around the dangerous db level. Suddenly I get an ear and head ache. STILL ignoring this issue.. I turn up another song but put it at the edge. So the border of good and bad in the Samsun S7 edge volume bar. It was blue. And then plop.. comes the peep. I freaked out. Turned everything off. Went to sleep. Tomorrow I saw it wasnt gone. And I knew I had Tinnitus. Without even research because I KNEW THIS EAR ISSUE EXISTED I READ ABOUT IT MANY TIMES BEFORE.

And then today I went to see the doctor, clean ears, though my ears feel ached.. I dont know why maybe because of that thing he put in my ears? Doctor did mention the Euch...(dont know what it is) is retracted to the inside? Now Im waiting as my test will happen in a month.

This is what I can tell for now. I thank you greatly for giving time to read my story ! Much appreciated. :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Don't worry about the music we all do things silly and would change it next time as that's how we learn from mistakes..
      Keep sound on in the lower safe level and don't use headphones or ear phones.
      The doctor must be on about eardrum sucking in I think and a eustation tube problem might cause it as that keeps the ear pressure right.
      You can try a mucous linctus or steam inhalation or nose spray .
      Let ENT do the tests and try not worry.
      Keep to a safe music limit.
      I think all phones and music appliances should have that setting on also.
      Lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. Cameron C
      Psychedelic

Cameron C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-Induced (Car Subs/Earbuds)
      Man you sound so much like me. I was just listening to an album on my Mac at like half volume (which is loud) with earbuds on SoundCloud and shocked my ears. It goes down a bit after a week or two, but if the damage is bad enough it will linger. Mine has a little over a month now. Going to have my hearing test tomorrow to help pinpoint exactly what i got. The best thing to do for now is try and avoid it as long as possible. Put music on or watch tv. Drowned out the noise (with speakers :)) until you can give it some more time.

• Like Like x 1